How do you ship souvenirs to your home that you purchase while on vacation?

I had posted one post about this but people were giving more answers for shipping dirty clothes or having things shipped to Disney before they arrived. I'm strictly only speaking of SOUVENIRS that are purchased while you are vacationing. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would ship things to Disney or ship dirty clothes but if you are flying, obviously you are coming home with more things that you originally planned on packing and are restricted on what you are able to bring home. I don't want to be on a limited souvenir spending thing because of flying. We want to pick up what we like but have it shipped to our home. Thanks for any input:goodvibes

I put my purchases in my suitcases.

The cashier can help you arrange shipping when you check out. All you have to do is ask. Tell them, I'd like to have this shipped directly to my home. Or you can scan the barcode on the item in the store with the Shop Disney Parks app and have it directly sent home, no need to visit the cashier in the store.

is that true about them not shipping stuff from the country pavillions in epcot? or was it that the last poster took them to POP for shipping? i have often wondered about shipping home as well. i spend most of my time in the japan and china pavillions at epcot and have on more than one occassion passed on furniture because of not knowing about shipping.

Probably because the stores in the China and Japanese pavilion are not owned by Disney. That's the same reason you can't use an annual pass discount in those stores. The stores in all the other countries are owned by Disney as far as I know.

This is a very old thread. The person you are asking posted in 2008 so he/she may not be on the boards any more or shipping policies may have changed.

I'm aware but I am desperately seeking this information, so while this person may not be here anymore, there was a chance someone else who knows the answer might see it and chime in :-)

The easiest way is to use the Shop Disney App. When you are in the store just scan the bar code into the app. Then put the item back do not take it with you. Check out in the app, if you have a CC on file with Disney it will use that, you
don't even need to add payment information...no standing in a check out line or carrying packages around. Free shipping over $75. Your purchases will be delivered to your home...easy peasy. If you have an AP it will automatically give you the discount. It only works in Disney owned stores though. I don't know if it works in the countries in Epcot..never tried it there.

That's super handy, thank you for the info! I'll have to take advantage of that when we're there.

is that true about them not shipping stuff from the country pavillions in epcot? or was it that the last poster took them to POP for shipping? i have often wondered about shipping home as well. i spend most of my time in the japan and china pavillions at epcot and have on more than one occassion passed on furniture because of not knowing about shipping.

I believe that's true; trying to remember if I asked about it when I purchased at the crystal shop in Germany. I'm 99% sure that was one piece I brought home myself. I make my "big" purchases at the Disney Store in DS. All the "regular" items...mugs, photo albums, picture frames, etc. and always do a little Christmas shopping there too. It's all sent home in one large box (or sometimes TWO boxes :rotfl:). Do the same from the Christmas store mainly for the reason stated earlier...if it arrives broken they'll replace it free. I did have a package shipped from our resort last December also...large pillow pets for DGD's. They will NOT ship food items. I always pack my middle size piece of luggage into my large piece so I have an extra piece of luggage for the return trip...mainly for the food items...DGD's LOVE the Mickey pretzels and 4-5 packages take up a lot of room. I'll "pad" those food items with tee shirts I've bought...or dirty laundry. :goodvibes :tink:

If I bought more than I could safely carry home, or something too delicate to put in my suitcase or carry on (I have a habit of putting my legs up on my carryon if it's under the seat, so nothing glass!) I would use Disney's shipping service. That way if it arrives broken, they will replace it.

For other vacations I've also shipped souvenirs home, but had to bring them to a UPS store myself, then pay them a premium to pack them. Or there was that time we paid $150 to ship home $100 worth of fishing gear... Ah, the things we do for vacations!

When we stayed at POFQ we accumulated all purchases that were made on property. At the end of our trip, we went to the resort gift show with our purchases and all receipts. They scanned all item for a value, verified our receipts, and then packed and shipped for us. We did this really late in the evening when they weren't busy. They gave us one full packing slip. Everything arrived perfectly in a few days. We only had to pay shipping once. They did a fantastic job.

Last time I got pillow pets and knew they won't fit in the luggage home... I asked the resort store if they had an extra box. They gave me one. I was at a resort (CSR) that had a fedex so we just went there and shipped the box home. Cheaper then disney shipping it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter