How do YOU tell YOUR kids about the trip?

We will be going with our kids (5 year old girl and 4 year old boy) in late April. This will be the first time for us as a family. My wife and I told them up front what we were doing and have let them in on the details.

We considered suprising them with the trip, but, we concluded that this is for far beyond what either of them can imagine at this point that we will probably save the suprise for the next trip when they know what to expect when they hear "We're going to Disney World!".

I love the stories I've read on this site and others about people who tell the kids that they are going to visit Uncle Joe or some other such thing and pretend to get lost. Somehow they end up at WDW.... Cool.

Mike in the Maritimes
34 Days and counting....

HI! My first trip to WDW was when I was six in 1984. I was so happy and never stopped talking about it.

When I was 10, my granparents surprised me with the trip. We arrived at the airport and I was told my granparents, aunt and uncle were going on vacation. As they got everything prepared, I was waiting to leave the airport. Well, they began bording the plane. My father told me we were going to ride on the plane and get off in Conneticut. (I was gullable). So, after take off, they told me. I told eveyone how excited i was. I even remember telling the flight attendant..."Guess where I am going...WDW!"

Melika77›

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter