• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you think DCL will sail in summer 2021?

How will Disney cruises sail in summer 2021?

• Disney cruises will sail WITHOUT precautions (mask wearing, social distancing. Like normal)!

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Disney cruises will sail but WITH precautions (masks, social distanced, etc.)

Votes: 77 67.0%
  • Disney cruises will not sail un summer 2021.

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I think there will be precautions and cutbacks, but that they will be sailing by next summer.

The extent of the precautions will be dictated by what is going on with the virus, but regardless, I think sailing will have resumed by then.

The world won't stay frozen in panic forever.

My gut instinct is that they will be sailing by March 2021 - with reduced occupancy, possibly verandah only rooms, 6 feet distancing, limited entertainment, masks - and then by summer, we’ll see restrictions starting to loosen up a bit. My guess is that masks will be among the FIRST of the restrictions to be lifted - for 2 reasons - one, there’s significant vocal opposition to them and two, there’s already so many acceptable reasons *not* to wear them (i.e. while drinking, eating, and I’m going to guess, swimming) that it’s going to be a nightmare to enforce.

I used to think this year they would sail, but only Florida/Caribbean itineraries. Now I'm starting to think next year (or at least through the summer) will be that, along with these new precautions. Going to be interesting juggling the logistics of some of the European itineraries that go through 5 or 6 countries on one sailing.

It depends on what happens with Covid. If the situation isn’t substantially different next summer I don’t think cruises will happen. Outbreaks on very small expedition cruise ships have demonstrated that the nature of cruising makes it impossible to operate safely during a pandemic.

I have a bucket list Northern European booked for next summer so I really hope that by then things have turned around so we can go but I’m not holding my breath.

I think there will be a full allotment of summer cruises. I also think the COVID19 drama will be much better. There will multiple vaccines in use by the spring as well as established medical treatment regimens. Mask wearing will stop by those vaccinated and/or proven to be antibody positive by blood test.

I think there will be a full allotment of summer cruises. I also think the COVID19 drama will be much better. There will multiple vaccines in use by the spring as well as established medical treatment regimens. Mask wearing will stop by those vaccinated and/or proven to be antibody positive by blood test.
I hope so!

Siding with the optimistic on this one. I think cruising will resume with precautions in January 2021, I think most if not all precautions will be lifted by the summer itineraries. Now, you can think I'm crazy, I'm just choosing to hold onto insane hope, haha.

Siding with the optimistic on this one. I think cruising will resume with precautions in January 2021, I think most if not all precautions will be lifted by the summer itineraries. Now, you can think I'm crazy, I'm just choosing to hold onto insane hope, haha.
I agree!! They can't remain not sailing forever, and with a vaccine in spring they're probably going to start lifting precautions by Sumer. Fingers crossed!!

I think that you're on track, so maybe I'm crazy too!

I think that we'll see cruising in other countries with lower numbers, and it'll be limited to residents of those countries. I don't see the US sailing until maybe March-ish, but I think we'll be back in full swing (with guidelines) by summer.

I think that outbreaks with schools back in session will show us what to do and what not to do.

I think that you're on track, so maybe I'm crazy too!

I think that we'll see cruising in other countries with lower numbers, and it'll be limited to residents of those countries. I don't see the US sailing until maybe March-ish, but I think we'll be back in full swing (with guidelines) by summer.

I think that outbreaks with schools back in session will show us what to do and what not to do.

YES. And you're probably right, unfortunately I don't think the USA will have its ish together for the rest of 2020. But here's to a better 2021! I see you're sailing on a HOTHS, it'll be our first too, very excited!!!

I could definitely see this happening, by summer 2021 we should have vaccines and other treatments widely available so the cruise lines will be able to resume sailings without many safety procedures, and as a whole the travel industry should be in a much better spot. At least I hope, lol

think that we'll see cruising in other countries with lower numbers, and it'll be limited to residents of those countries. I don't see the US sailing until maybe March-ish, but I think we'll be back in full swing (with guidelines) by summer.
We also have Russia to help us(I know sounds like an oxymoron) they are vaccinating anyone in the country and done with testing. (well I don’t know if I should say done because they just don’t want to do it anymore)
So I thinks are looking up for January cruising. A little more scaled back then I think I’m gonna be happy with but I’m going anyway.
But by January I’ll probably be happy just to skip all the way down to the dining room!!!

Option 1 is a far reaching dream. It may happen but the odds are so small.

Option 2 seems most reasonable and got my vote. We shifted a May 2021 cruise out to 2022 already since things look very suspect for foreign travel less than 10 months away. A vaccine and other therapies will go a long way to getting cruises going. There are a number of promising articles on that front but until it is proven and widely utilized there are still risks. Disney will NOT want to be associated with any outbreak on their ships if possible so I expect some guidelines and restrictions. Getting a vaccine to everyone is a huge task and some will not get the vaccine so expect risks to linger.

Option 3 could still happen. If the vaccine research slows or has to start over because trials fail the timeline easily extends into next summer. Even with 5 million current cases that leaves over 295 million more US citizens to get infected. It could take a while to get everyone.

We also have Russia to help us(I know sounds like an oxymoron) they are vaccinating anyone in the country and done with testing.

I would like to resume cruising, so that would be great if the Russian substance works but I could see them accepting certain losses or side effects that most Western countries would not. They're one of the few nations on earth with a declining population and have their citizens living in cities like Ozyorsk and Norilsk. Little to no regard for their people's safety or well being.

Remember that there is another side to this. Vaccine and treatment distribution will not be universal. U.S., Europe, Canada, Australia, N.Z. will all be at the front of the line. We have modern health care systems, in most cases universal health care, manufacturing and distribution systems that would allow us to get access to those vaccines and treatments and get them out to our various populations quickly. Those smaller islands, poorer nations are going to require time before their populations get access to both vaccines and treatments. Are the cruise lines going to go in to a port when there are outbreaks occuring among the local population? If they do with what kind of restrictions will be in place (ship only excursions as an example)? In some ways the Europe, Alaska, Canada cruises are probably a whole lot safer to run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter