• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do your cards work for this?

calie_j

DIS Veteran
I'm going during free dining just me and DD8. My sister from Tampa might come spend a day with us during the week but she works night shift. If she wants to go back to the room for a nap can I give her my key to the room (since I have an AP and won't need it for park entry) and still use DD's key so we can eat? Will DD's key have our dining plan credits on it?

Thanks, Calie

Yes, it can. Not sure it has to, though. You might have to specify that the child's card/room-key has authority to carry dining credits. I know that the front-desk can activate any, all, or none of the cards to allow purchases charged to the room. Same with dining-plan probably.

When we went last year, my DD9 had dining authority w/o having charge/purchase authority.

Just be careful...it would be a 'live' card in your DD8's hands and if lost someone could use it for meals possibly (until you reported it missing).

Thank you. I plan to hold onto DD's card except for when she needs it to enter the park or we're getting FP's, I'm obsessive about watching important things like that so it will be safely kept with my AP at all times. I'm more worried about my sis losing my card since she'll be out of my sight :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter