How does April sound?

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
I posted this in the budget forum and than decided it might be better here.

My brother, wife and kids are planning a trip to Disney and due to work schedules they need to go end of March or April. We found out that Easter is March 31 so they want to avoid that time period so they are now leaning towards April sometime. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about when in April?

They are concerned about weather, crowds and money! Are the parks open late in April? Are all of the water parks open? Can deals be found?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! They have dd (11) and ds (9). They want to fly from Cleveland to Orlando and possibly rent a car. They will spend 6 or 7 days and do only Disney and want to stay on site probably at one of the AS.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Our first 2 trips were in April and everything was perfect. Low crowds and 80 to 85º weather. We try November last year but we didn't like it as much. Next year will be May because we are going with another family that can not do April.

I think you will love it

I agree! As long as it isn't any kinda spring break week! It is a Great time to go! Temps aren't as bad, showers are brief, lovely time, IMHO! Lines are short, too! Never been during that time with FastPass, though! Lines should be even shorter!

we went Mar.23-Apr.7PEAK Season total cost=WAY TOO,TOO MUCH :confused: :earseek: :confused: :earseek:

Make sure you go in a Value Season and use every discount available!! Make the mouse CRY!!Cuz I'll be crying for 7 yrs.

check here often to find a great rate!!

http://www.mousesavers.com/links.html

Besides the cost (friends own DVC and we're staying with them), how was everything else? Our week will fall on Easter Sunday.

We went April 25 - 30th. The weather was great. Shorts & t-shirts every day. The parks were not open late (except on weekends). But this was ok because our daughter is only 3 1/2. On the last day we were there (Monday April 30th) band competitions started and it was packed. We had to wait 1/2 hour for Small World & Pirates of Carribean. We were in WDW Dec 31 - Jan 8th also, and didn't wait in those long of line ups any of those days. Even the cm's couldn't explain why it was so busy that day. Other than the 30th, I would say that this was the perfect time to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter