How Does MNSSHP Affect

Sona99

Loving living in Florida
How does MNSSHP affect the MK the following day, in your experience?

More people because MK was closed off to party goers the night before? Less people because they attended MNSSHP?

I don't know of any particular "next day" effect. I just know that crowds are lower on party days, and heavier on non-party days.

Last edited:

I would argue the opposite, at least prior to 4:00p.
nice to see if MK has lower crowds on the day after, as going to MNSSHP and next day going back to MK.
I agree with mesaboy on this. Party Days in theory are less busy prior to 4pm as some people avoid MK since there is no nighttime entertainment.

The day after a party will likely be busier because in most cases there is no party that night, so the park has full hours and full nighttime entertainment which attracts more people.

nice to see if MK has lower crowds on the day after, as going to MNSSHP and next day going back to MK.

Days without parties will generally see more guests, because there are fewer opportunities for those guests to enjoy nighttime activities at MK (without an upcharge).

If you are a people watcher I'd plan my afternoon around the party. Party people start coming in around 4:00 and we sat on the bench near the flag pole area and had a great time watching all the kids coming in with their costumes

When the parties ramp up to 4 days a week, non-party days will be very crowded, especially during the fireworks. I visited the week before Halloween last year and it was absolutely wall-to-wall for Wishes both Monday & Wednesday night. Went on the morning/afternoon of the Tuesday party and waits were about 10-20 less than they were on the non-party days.

Same here. I would think it would heavier the next day. Plus for me they just extended the hours to 10:00, but our party day is a Friday.

In my experience non-party nights at the MK can be manic. A lot of people don't want to miss the fireworks and 4 out of 8 nights will have MNSSHP while I'm there in September. I opted for a dessert party just to avoid the crush.

Definitely non-party days are more crowded at MK during party season. We have been in October the last 5 years. In our experience, party days definitely have much lower crowds, at least until the party goers start coming in at 4:00 p.m. The non-party days are usually crowded because they are the days of the week that the park has longer hours for non-party goers and the only time the regular fireworks and evening parade appear and there is any MK evening entertainment for non-party goers. Now, there may be a little difference this year because the night parade is gone, but there is still the fireworks issue. Wednesday also has extra magic hours until 11:00 p.m. I think, so that tends to draw bigger crowds for the day as well. Basically, the day after the party on a non-party day, you have a ton of people who do not have hoppers and did not want to go to MK on a day when they had to leave by 7:00 p.m. (and in our experience the CMs start kind of "encouraging" people toward the exit around 6:00 p.m.- we saw an almost knock down drag out around 6:20 or 6:30 when the CMs would not let people without wristbands go down the New Fantasyland path towards the Ariel ride stating that the park was closing and they needed to move back towards the entrance- the people were very angry because they still had 30 minutes before close and wanted to ride Ariel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter