How does our first day look at MK?

kimmie316

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Newbie to the boards but not really "new" to Disney. This will be our third trip. Yet we've never used FP. We are planning on RD MK and heading straight to Dumbo. It's not an option to not do here first....tradition and all. :) I was planning on us going to Barnstormer after that since it was close to Dumbo. At first we had FP for Thunder Mountain at 12:40-1:40, Splash 1:40-2:40, then PPF from 3ish. I changed PPF to 9:45-10:45 because I got excited at the early time. BUTTTT, I didn't factor in 1. we have reservations at 10:45am at 1900 Fare and 2. the map on MDE is showing a 30 mins timeframe from PPF to the restaurant. Should we drop the first fp?

Hi,
Newbie to the boards but not really "new" to Disney. This will be our third trip. Yet we've never used FP. We are planning on RD MK and heading straight to Dumbo. It's not an option to not do here first....tradition and all. :) I was planning on us going to Barnstormer after that since it was close to Dumbo. At first we had FP for Thunder Mountain at 12:40-1:40, Splash 1:40-2:40, then PPF from 3ish. I changed PPF to 9:45-10:45 because I got excited at the early time. BUTTTT, I didn't factor in 1. we have reservations at 10:45am at 1900 Fare and 2. the map on MDE is showing a 30 mins timeframe from PPF to the restaurant. Should we drop the first fp?
I think you can get PPF done. Do it early in the window then head to your reservation. :)

I think you are cutting it too close. Peter Pan is all the way in Fantasyland and then you have to walk around the castle, down Main Street, exit MK, up the monorail ramp (if you choose monorail over boat), make 3 stops before you hit GF and then get downstairs to your reservation. While the ride is really short, if the FP+ line is backed up (and I've seen it backed up), it could slow you down. I wouldn't want the added stress of trying to make that FP+ and then rush to an ADR. If you can find an earlier PP time, I would do it. I would want to be off PP by 9:45 am, personally. If that isn't possible, I would try for a later FP+.

I think you are cutting it too close. Peter Pan is all the way in Fantasyland and then you have to walk around the castle, down Main Street, exit MK, up the monorail ramp (if you choose monorail over boat), make 3 stops before you hit GF and then get downstairs to your reservation. While the ride is really short, if the FP+ line is backed up (and I've seen it backed up), it could slow you down. I wouldn't want the added stress of trying to make that FP+ and then rush to an ADR. If you can find an earlier PP time, I would do it. I would want to be off PP by 9:45 am, personally. If that isn't possible, I would try for a later FP+.
That's what I thought too. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter