• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Does the Disney Visa Chase Card Work?

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
I want to take somebody with us. We are staying on points. For them, we will book a room with WDTC. I have a Disney Visa Chase Card.

How does the 6 months work? Is it only for packages or also room only? It is 6 months from the day you book (meaning it may only be deposit only if that is how you book) or is it 6 months from the day you pay your balance, which for us would be November?

I have read on the website, but I do not understand. I tried calling and got somebody in another country and could not understand anything he said. :( (no prejudice there, just could not understand him)

You get the discount on a vacation package. You get 6 months from the time of booking your package.

You get the discount on a vacation package. You get 6 months from the time of booking your package.
So it really is not a perk. If I book today, my balance is not due for 6 months anyhow for a December trip, so if I charge the whole balance up front I get 6 months or if I only put down the $200 deposit I have 6 months before the balance is due...so due at the same time regardless.

Thank you for the response, Shughart! :)

So it really is not a perk. If I book today, my balance is not due for 6 months anyhow for a December trip, so if I charge the whole balance up front I get 6 months or if I only put down the $200 deposit I have 6 months before the balance is due...so due at the same time regardless.

Thank you for the response, Shughart! :)

It is for some. They're going to pay the whole thing anyways. Why not pay the whole thing and then have 6 months to pay. But that's not your situation. Not sure which one you have but I know on mine I also earn cash back into a Disney redemption card I can use in the parks/Disney stores. You can also use for discounts in some restaurants in WDW for a discount, and you get a merchandise discount as well. There's also Disney visa photo ops as well.

The 6 month 0% is only if you book a vacation package.
You have 6 months for the $200 deposit starting when you book and then you have 6 months for the remainder once you charge the remainder.

Personally I don't like taking 6 months to pay because it seems like my time is up around the holidays when I already have a large amount charged so I usually just pay in full within a couple of months.

I like it more for the special offers and the rewards dollars I then use for food/souvenirs on my trip.

The 6 month 0% is only if you book a vacation package.
You have 6 months for the $200 deposit starting when you book and then you have 6 months for the remainder once you charge the remainder.
I was not clear that is how it worked.....

I thought it was a one-time 6 months, meaning at the time you book. I did not realize it allows you 6 months to pay when your balance is charged in full. That is certainly something to consider.

I was not clear that is how it worked.....

I thought it was a one-time 6 months, meaning at the time you book. I did not realize it allows you 6 months to pay when your balance is charged in full. That is certainly something to consider.
For Disney Cruise Line, each payment you make with the card gets its own 6-month window from the date you make the payment.

How does the 6 months work? Is it only for packages or also room only? It is 6 months from the day you book (meaning it may only be deposit only if that is how you book) or is it 6 months from the day you pay your balance, which for us would be November?

As PPs mention, the 0% financing offer is only for "package" bookings (room+tickets w/ or w/o dining). A room-only reservation does not qualify, nor does a straight ticket purchase.

The 0% is for each payment that you make. Say your vacation is 14 months out. You can make regular (or irregular) payments over the course of those months until PIF. For example:
  • The initial $200 deposit gets 6-months from date of booking.
  • An interim payment of $1000 is made 5 months after booking -- that gets a separate 6-month 0% interest.
  • Another $1000 payment is made at 10 months after booking -- that gets a separate 6-month 0% interest.
  • A final payment is made at PIF (30 days before arrival) -- that gets a separate 6-month 0% interest.
Charges made on-site such as dining, souvenirs, etc. will NOT qualify for the 0% interest but depending on the venue you may be able to take advantage of a discount.

As PPs mention, the 0% financing offer is only for "package" bookings (room+tickets w/ or w/o dining). A room-only reservation does not qualify, nor does a straight ticket purchase.

The 0% is for each payment that you make. Say your vacation is 14 months out. You can make regular (or irregular) payments over the course of those months until PIF. For example:
  • The initial $200 deposit gets 6-months from date of booking.
  • An interim payment of $1000 is made 5 months after booking -- that gets a separate 6-month 0% interest.
  • Another $1000 payment is made at 10 months after booking -- that gets a separate 6-month 0% interest.
  • A final payment is made at PIF (30 days before arrival) -- that gets a separate 6-month 0% interest.
Charges made on-site such as dining, souvenirs, etc. will NOT qualify for the 0% interest but depending on the venue you may be able to take advantage of a discount.
Thank you for the details. Perfect! Now it makes sense for our guests to use this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter