How does the MDE app on your phone open your door?

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
Do you have to do something special? Set it up at the front desk? Or just go to you door open the app and it works?

Do you have to do something special? Set it up at the front desk? Or just go to you door open the app and it works?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/unlock-doors/

How to Unlock Your Door
Follow these simple steps to unlock the door at your Disney Resort hotel:
  1. If Bluetooth on your mobile device is turned off, turn it on.
  2. Download and open the My Disney Experience app.
  3. Link your Disney Resort hotel reservation to your Disney account.
  4. View your Disney Resort hotel reservation.
  5. Select “Unlock Door”.
  6. Agree to use your device to unlock your door.
  7. Hold your mobile device against the door lock.
If you wish to no longer use your phone to unlock your door, please visit the Front Deskof your Disney Resort hotel.

You don't have to set it up at the front desk! Our magic bands wouldn't let us in last night, but the app unlocked the door just fine for us. Which was a relief, since we didn't fancy having to lug down to front desk with our luggage in tow at midnight.

It takes a couple of minutes to set it up the first time you use your smartphone to unlock the door. It is a great feature and I've used it when I forgot to put my MB on. :) It is easier than trying to get that Mickey head on the right spot to open the door.

We tried it one time just to see if it worked. I had set it up while we were on the bus back to the resort and then tried it when we were in front of the door. It worked but it was more of a novelty for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter