• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does the Photopass work?

michael's mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I will be in Disney with my family (12 in all) and was wondering how the photopass worked. I know that you can put multiple cards onto one CD...I guess what I am asking is "Does this only include the pictures that the castmembers take at the gate? or, Does it work for other types of photos, like rides?"

If it is only for the photos at the gate, how is it worth the $125? Where else do you find castmembers taking pictures? I am all for this concept if it will be worth us splitting the cost of the cd.

You can preorder the CD for 100, so that saves a bit.
The only ride photo included is Test Track, all others do not go on photopass. But there is alot of spots through out the parks you can get pictures taken. And alot of the characters they have a photopass photographer as well.
If you have someone doing BBB they take pictures of the makeover too. And there is a spot to take the princesses to get a photoshoot after as well, which can be put on photopass.
In 2007, I didn't know much about it, and I didn't have alot of pictures, but the ones I did have, I wanted, so I did the photobook, which was really costly too.
So last year I joined a share, and it worked out pretty well, but our leader had a nervous breakdown (from losing her job and her DH got sick) so it took SEVERAL months to get our pictures. This year I stil wanted to do it, so I decided to lead my group. But I would still buy the CD even if I didn't most likely as we are doing BBB and the pictures are always about the only ones I am ever in. LOL!

There are photopass photographers at many points throughout each each park, and at many of the character visiting spots. We even had a photopass person taking pictures at AKL. Just keep your eyes out and you can't miss them. I just loved being able to have shots with our entire family, since I'm usually the one missing since I take the pictures. They can do cute poses, like having someone hold Tinkerbell. Once you log into the site, you can edit or add borders, which is really neat.

One 5x7 picture is about $13, so if you plan to order several, it is definitely worth it.

That's what I was figuring...at $13 a piece why not order them. I too, am always the one holding the camera and not in pictures. I just wanted to make sure that there would be photographers in enough places to make it worth it. I am thinking that I will see if my family members want to split one...that way I don't have to worry about uploading too many cards that other sharers would have to sift through.

I was told that you are supposed to keep it to one/two cards to upload with a share. There will technically be 4 families with me on our trip although really two if you break it up by growing up households (DH, DS and I, my parents and my lil' sis, my other sis and her fiance, my aunt and uncle with their two grandkids).

I'll send out an email soon to see if they are interested. When/where/how do I pre-order the CD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter