yokielove

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to travel to DW from Nov 1 to Nov 9 for my birthday trip (Nov 2 Sat is my birthday and it is the same day that one of my family members who passed away before I was born, so I never ever celebrate my birthday for the past 25 years...I know, it is really really sad...)

This year, one of my good friends who decides to take me to DW to celebrate my birthday for the first time EVER!

the plan is going to MK on Fri night for the MNSSHP, Sat on MK, Sun on AK. Mon on Epcot and Tues on HS

we are staying at one of those Disney spring hotels. the hotel does provide a free shuttle. However, since we cannot get an FP on Flight of passager, we decide to do rope drop on Sun for AK. and think about uber/lyft to AK on Sun. (Minnie van is not available on Disney spring resort)

I noticed that the marathon is also taking place on Sun and the path runs through AK.

anyone can offer any advice on how to beat the traffic and crowds? that will be really appreciated.

If we want to do rope drop on Sun for AK, how early should we get there? I never have done rope drop before and did some research and the most articles said we should arrive at the gate before 730 am /8 am.

I think there may also have roadblock happen during sun morning for the marathon. I just hope it won't delay the transportation.

I really really want to take that flight of passager ride!

any advice or experience in the past will help! thank you!

I really looking forward to celebrating my birthday and actually really blow candles on a real birthday cake!

The half marathon will not really effect you if you are taking a lyft/uber: the course is not on the entrance side of Osceola Parkway. Bus transportation is impacted across WDW Sunday morning, and traffic around Epcot is probably most impacted. All of the runners will already be through AK when it opens so there should not be much in the way of an impact here - it won't open until 9:00 AM. It You want to plan on arriving 1 hour before official park opening if you are going to rope drop FOP. There are a million threads about the best strategy.

I don’t have any other touring advice. I just wanted to say I can understand why your family didn’t want to celebrate, but I’m really sorry you never got to have that experience. I hope this is your very best birthday ever!!!!

Make sure to pick up a free button at Guest Relations in the first park you visit. When they ask what you’re celebrating, you can tell them it’s your first birthday!! :)

I don’t have any other touring advice. I just wanted to say I can understand why your family didn’t want to celebrate, but I’m really sorry you never got to have that experience. I hope this is your very best birthday ever!!!!

Make sure to pick up a free button at Guest Relations in the first park you visit. When they ask what you’re celebrating, you can tell them it’s your first birthday!! :)
Thank you ! I will!I really about birthday bottom, and really look forward for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter