How does this look?? Opinions please!

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Here are the PS's I have made so far... how does this look?? We are a party of 4... 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 3 and 1). As you can see we haven't booked any fine dining on this trip... last time we just couldn't have a decent meal because the boys were so impatient. So we want to stick with either buffets or loud family type places. LOL ;)

Day 1 = dinner at Boma
Day 2 = dinner at Whispering Canyon
Day 3 = Breakfast at Donald's Breakfastasaurus and dinner at Cape May
Day 4 = dinner at Chef Mickey's
Day 5 = dinner at O'hana
Day 6 = dinner at Sci-fi Diner
Day 7 = dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (MNSSHP)

What do you think??? :p

Looks fantastic! Wish I could join you.

Sounds like great choices. My kids love all of those restaurants, especially Boma and the Sci-Fi. Hope you have a magical trip!:)

Well, other than Whispering Canyon, everything else looks great! We loved it for breakfast, and as good as breakfast was, that is how bad dinner was. Good luck, and hope you have a much better experience!

I think I might change WC to Kona Cafe. Any opinions on that???

Thanks! :)

The Kona is great. Good food and great desserts.
Your 3 yr. old might like WC though. They have hobby horse races around the restaurant, and is a much louder atmosphere in case they start to act up (that's why I like taking my kids there). The food is probably better at the Kona, but I really like WC food. The all you can eat skillet is great if you want to eat a lot. Some of it can be greasy, but the ribs are pretty good, as is the chicken. You also get corn on the cob with it and beans and cole slaw. For us, it would really be a toss up between the two, but since you are already eating at the Poly at O'hana, you might want to see different resorts (you didn't say where you were staying in your original post). Whatever you pick, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Hi! We really enjoyed Boma both times we've been, and we LOVE Cape May Cafe - it's on our must-do list. 'Ohana was disappointing just b/c the meat was so dry and not at all flavorful, but those little shrimp wontons were good; we asked for more of those. The atmosphere was fun, too, but we wouldn't go back.
Donald's breakfast was fine - we liked the characters there, but the food wasn't anything to rave about. Then again, we were there for the characters, so I was happy as could be to get to see Donald, and the food was less important. Breakfast food never seems to have a huge amount of variety anyway.
We've been to Sci-Fi for lunch, not dinner, but we really enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere.
Your schedule looks like a lot of fun!
Cheers!
Heather W

Want to make sure you know that Donald is not at the Cape May breakfast.

I personally wouldn't choose Sci Fi, especially for dinner, but you can read that on another thread!

All great choices.

You need more breakfast PSs. Breakfasts fill pretty quickly.....maybe you are not breakfast people. but I would certainly add a 1900 Park Faire breakfast and either a Boma, CP or something.

The Sci Fi is an experience, for a quick, cheap meal while you are in MGM, its a great choice.

I'm not so sure about the Sci-Fi for the little ones. It is dark and the large screen plays old B-type monster and horror movie clips. Could be kind of scary for them. We ate there for lunch and the food was fine, however. I loved the atmosphere, but wonder how kids act in the dark restaurant. WL Cafe is fun and the kids will love it. Character breakfasts at the resorts are wonderful. We went (years ago) to the Mary Poppins one at the GF and our son enjoyed it. Buffets are the way to go with picky eaters in the family. Good luck and have a wonderful time!
All the best, Wilma;)

I think I might change WC to Kona Cafe. Any opinions on that???
Kona Cafe is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW, I love their food, but I think your kids would enjoy the WC much more than Kona Cafe. WC is a fun atmosphere that appeals to kids and we like their food, not as much as Kona Cafe but we have always had good meals there.

Sci Fi is good for lunch, but I'm not so sure about dinner. I'd change it to 50s PT which is great anytime. Very Family Friendly. Anyplace where you look through a ViewFinder to select your dessert (including the Mother-of-All 'Smores) is okay in my book!

Richyams - The reason we don't have more breakfast ps's is because we usually just eat in our villa. Our kids have to eat right when they wake up or they go wild! LOL ;)

Wilma - I'm thinking we might change Sci-fi to something over in DTD instead.

Cousin Orville - We've eaten at 50's PT so many times we are sick of it. LOL Don't get me wrong, it's a great place, but 3 times already this year is enough for me. ;)

Also, I think we're going to keep our PS at WC. Even if the food is lousy at least the kids will have fun. ;)

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Have a great time. Wish I could come too. Just got back from a 2-week vacation in Mexico, and now am coming back to reality. Help!!!:confused:
All the best, Wilma;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter