• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does this sound??

drivencrazy

DIS Veteran
Ok, the time is here and I need to call and make our ADR's... the kids don't know that we are going yet and so I don't have any input from them on what they would want to see, or where they would want to eat. We will be there for 6 days and 5 nights, we have the dinning plan for 6 days. Park Hoppers for all the days... The kids will be 12, 9, and 2 (girls) and 4 yr old boy.

Chef Mickey for Breakfast (probably the last day there)
Crystal Palace
LeCellier
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sci-fi
SanAngel Inn
was thinking dinners for all of these and just CS for lunches. Is there some where different we should try? Am I missing something they would enjoy more?

Any and all tips would be great! And for the CS are there places that are "have to go to's" that we shouldn't miss?

Who would have known that I would spend all this time into planning what to eat!! But it has been fun, can't wait to tell the kids and have them help!

Thanks

Are you someone who really likes Mexican food, the reason I ask this is that when reading your group size and the ages of the children, it is just very dark in San Angel and noisey.....I have never been a fan of that restaurant and I do like Mexican food...

I am not sure when you are going, but if Teppanyaki is open that is always a fun place for children as the chefs cook in front of them and try to make a show for the children..

I like Alfredo's as well for dinner as they have singing with an accordian player and the waitstaff get involved in the singing, fun too.. and spaghetti and meatballs is always good for kids..

For counter service, I like Casey's in the MK... best darn hot dogs and fries in my opinion..

Also, Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club Resort is a fun place for kids, great ice cream, great burgers, floats, milk shakes...we love it there.. We also like Spoodles which is another good restaurant on the Boardwalk, lots of families go there....

Hope I helped and did not make it more confusing.....

I'm a little confused by your original post. You say you are staying 6 days and 5 nights but have 6 days of the dining plan. Usually the dining plan is for the amount of nights you stay, not days. You should check on that unless you already know you have something out of the ordinary. I just don't want you to get there and get an unwelcome surprise.

As for your choices, they are great. If you have to lose one of them I would choose San Angelos. Its not my favorite, tables too close together and I don't care for their menu. I love mexican food, just not that kind of mexican

shellybaxter said:
I'm a little confused by your original post. You say you are staying 6 days and 5 nights but have 6 days of the dining plan. Usually the dining plan is for the amount of nights you stay, not days.
I noticed that, too. Make sure you realize that the dining plan allows you credits per night of your stay ... which would give you 5 instead of 6.

Everything you have looks pretty good. Except for San Angel. Our family really likes Mexican, but we did not like San Angel. It is typical mexican food. It is also dark and crowded. Personally we prefer their CS - very good. Other CS I would recommend would be Tusker House and Flame Tree BBQ in AK, Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays in MK, Flatbread place in MGM (do not go to ABC Commisary), just about any CS in World Showcase at Epcot (do not go to Electric Umbrella - :guilty: )

I think you are making a good choice going to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. We did dinner and the food is not as good. Have you considered Boma or Ohana too? Book Le Cellier soon if you want dinner - which I recommend.

So what TS in Epcot would you guys suggest...if not San Angel...I m looking for something that is NOT super quiet where my kids won't have to be total angels. We will be a party of 7 with 3 kids under 6... going the week after easter.

Thanks for the input... and I did take SanAngel off the list!

As for the dinning play, I know that the Hubby was talking to the TA about 5 or 6 days on the plann.... I figured we have to get there and leave and so should only do the 5 days, but on our paper work it says we have the hopper for 6 days and the dinning plan for 6 days............. I will have him call and see for sure.

Ok, now going to call and make ADR's for LeCellier and Whispering Canyon and Mickey's Breakfast... for sure don't want to miss out on them!

Thanks!!!!

DS and DH loved Germany's Biergarten. Kids could be noisy and they both loved the music and hands down those boys love a buffet! Le Cellier they both liked too! For a fun atmosphere and a wide selection I would reccomend Beirgarten.

The fare is not a true German menu if you are concerned with it being too German and that they may not like it. DS is a very fussy eater and just loved everything!

aFunny I just forgot to add Coral Reef for a nice meal too! We did go there with DS10 and he just loved the tank it kept his mind occupied and loved to see the divers and the huge sea turtle! I had the Blackened catfish and loved it and DHs meal was a disaster but will go again and ask the server to write it down rather than rember he was rather forgetful! If you have a fidgety buch then Biergarten is my best suggestion.

Good luckand happy planning!

amytheobald said:
So what TS in Epcot would you guys suggest...if not San Angel...I m looking for something that is NOT super quiet where my kids won't have to be total angels. We will be a party of 7 with 3 kids under 6... going the week after easter.

We like Chefs des France or Rose and Crown, or you could walk (or take the boat) over to Spoodles at the Boardwalk. I totally agree on the above posters' comments about San Angel...we've eaten there twice, and we didn't really enjoy it either time.

OK...... LeCellier is OUT! I really wanted to eat there, but they will be closed the whole time we are there, they are closed from May 14-18 (we are leaving on the 19th).

So is there another Steak house that we should try? Here is what we have planned as of now...

16th Crystal Palace for dinner

17th Sci Fi (dinner)

18th Whispering Canyon (dinner)

19th Chef Mickey (breakfast)

so am looking for the night of the 14th and 15th... still finding out if we have the dinning plan for 5 or 6 days......... if only 5, then Pizza it will be for one of the nights!!

Looking into Germany's Biergarten, Coral Reef and Teppanyaka...a couple more... Hummm

I have also heard great reviews about Kona Cafe. We have adrs in January. Concourse is suppose to be good too.

No question, I would suggest Kona Cafe. Great atmosphere and really yummy food!

I would vote for Concoarse Steakhouse, I also heard Wolfgang Puck's had really good steaks.

By the way, Teppankyi will be closed from January 15 - May 25, so that won't work for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter