• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early can we book?

2cutekids

Mouseketeer
We are planning to go to WDW in December 2006. How early can we book our resort rooms? :listen: Also, since it seems that there aren't any codes coming out any more, will we just need to wait until sometime mid-year '06 to call and apply any discount that might be connected to our name in their system? :wave2: Thanks! :wave2:

I am not 100% sure, but I think you would be able to book that now. What they would do is give you an estimated price based on the cost at the time of booking, but you would be charged the correct amount for that time when the rates for that period come out.

Codes for a specific time period generally don't come out until 1-6 months prior to that time period.

You can book now, but the rate would not be guarnteed. Those rates should be out mid year.

Had to push my 2005 trip out to 2006. I called CRO, plus my AAA agent, and was told by both that the 2006 rates would be out sometime in August. The Disney CM also mentioned that I could book a "room" only at an estimated rate, then once the actual rates were available, I could either keep the ressie as a room only or transfer it into a package plan. I'm thinking of maybe doing that and pay a little each month, that way when the 2006 packages come out, I'm already ahead of the game.

I'm not sure about December, but I've already booked April 2006 and was given a quote by a local travel agency. I wouln't have tried to book this early but we're going Spring Break (yes, I know we're crazy!) and I wanted to make sure I had a room at one of the moderates. We did ASM this Spring Break and really don't want to put up with the large number of high school students.

Sorry to tell you this Chrissypoo but there will be just as many High School Kids at the Mods as there were at the Value resorts. Many Large groups get pushed up to MOds when Value sell out. If I were you Id save for the extra $50 a day and get an Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge standard room.

We're going Dec. 2006 and when I called to book I was told I couldnot book until 500 days in advance - maybe Ft Wilderness is different from the hotels?? I even called back to double check and was told this was correct. Now I'm going to call again - just to make sure!

GoodFairies said:
I am not 100% sure, but I think you would be able to book that now. What they would do is give you an estimated price based on the cost at the time of booking, but you would be charged the correct amount for that time when the rates for that period come out.

Codes for a specific time period generally don't come out until 1-6 months prior to that time period.
Off topic, Goodfairies... but It Must have been BUNNIES!!!!! BUNNIES!!!

:)

You can definately book your December 2005 trip now!
I just got off the phone for a client request for June 2006 and could not even hold the room because it is too early. The CM said they should be set to take those ressies in August! :)

Zip-a-dee-dude-da said:
Sorry to tell you this Chrissypoo but there will be just as many High School Kids at the Mods as there were at the Value resorts. Many Large groups get pushed up to MOds when Value sell out. If I were you Id save for the extra $50 a day and get an Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge standard room.

Alrighty then! So much for trying to plan ahead :) Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter