How early can you realistically make it from AKV to MK on the first bus out?

stwaldman

Mouseketeer
Just looking for anybody's experience here, how early have you managed to be in line at the MK entrance coming from the AKV resorts?

The background here is we are doing professional photos later this year, and we are planning to rope drop as much as possible so we can get it done before crowds balloon. We'd like to stay at AKV for the whole trip because we only intend 1-2 park days (the second of which would be AKV), and AKV is a better resort fit for us for this stay in general (pools, food options, etc.). That said, I'm squatting on one night in BLT and would be willing to split-stay if its the difference between being at MK first thing in the morning vs. losing some time off rope drop. Happy for any feedback!

We did MK from AKV with a park open listed at 8a. The bus left AKV at 7a and I was in the park and off Mine Train by 7:40. I don’t remember the exact drop off time to MK, but to do all of that by 7:40 is a success!

If you only have one day where you need to arrive early, I'd consider Uber or Lyft.
When I needed to get to the Studios early last year to get a boarding group for ROTR, I used Lyft & removed all of my transportation stress.

If you only have one day where you need to arrive early, I'd consider Uber or Lyft.
When I needed to get to the Studios early last year to get a boarding group for ROTR, I used Lyft & removed all of my transportation stress.
Uber or Lyft only gets you to TTC.

Yeah, we're flying in and the main perk (at least for now) of being dvc is the ability to not bring a car seat. I'd probably stay at BLT for the night before I added the ride share and car seat headache (I know some lyfts have it, but after adjustments and all, the time savings probably shrink).

Buses to MK typically leave earlier than for other parks (as in before an hour before park opening). While not at AKV, when we were staying at Poly a couple of months ago there were buses to MK leaving as early as 6:30 for a 9:00 opening. My assumption is because of 7a reservations at Chef Mickey’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter