• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Early Do You Pack For Your Trip To Disney ?

I usually start packing a couple months ahead of time, I mean I get my bags out and put some things in every so often , then about 2 days before I take everything out to see what I put in :rotfl: and add the clothes . This year I havent started that early, I guess I'm a bit behind :rotfl:

We have 315 days on our ticker and we already started. Lol:joker:

Wow, it's nine days before I leave. I matched outfits this past Monday, ironed them, and put them on hangers in my spare bedroom. I also ordered some Body Glide and Biofreeze from Amazon that should be here in a few days, but other than that haven't done anything. I did buy suncreen when I bought groceries earlier this month, but it's in a drawer in my bathroom. I haven't even gotten the suitcases out or checked my toiletry bag.:rotfl: I plan on packing this weekend though, since we'll be flying out early the next Saturday and I'll be busy all next week (haircut and color, manicure, pedicure, waxing, dropping dogs off, cleaning house, canceling mail, etc).

Anyone else clean their house more than usual just before a trip? I always give it an extra cleaning the day before we leave (vacumn, shampoo carpets, mop, dust, clean ceiling fans, wash & change all sheets, clean refrigerator, make sure all laundry is done and put away, etc). I can't stand to come back to housework.

I usually start thinking about it 4 days before, and actually start 2 days before. What can I say i'm a procrastinator.:rotfl:

Yea, years of WDW trips and then toss in a bit (ok, a lot) of OCD - and that's me!

OCD isn't all bad LOL. I enjoy my check list and the fact that my family can depend on me for just about anything. I feel like I'm on "Let's Make a Deal" and I need to have all this crazy stuff in my bag in case I get asked for it LOL.

Thankfully I don't have to take any special foods or cooking equipment though....I have enough list with just the regular stuff for 5 kids and 2 adults. Plus my 'miracle' bag full of anything and everything they might ask me for LOL

I start packing the week of/week before and finish up the day we leave with last minute things that I can't pack ahead of time.

Wow, it's nine days before I leave. I matched outfits this past Monday, ironed them, and put them on hangers in my spare bedroom. I also ordered some Body Glide and Biofreeze from Amazon that should be here in a few days, but other than that haven't done anything. I did buy suncreen when I bought groceries earlier this month, but it's in a drawer in my bathroom. I haven't even gotten the suitcases out or checked my toiletry bag.:rotfl: I plan on packing this weekend though, since we'll be flying out early the next Saturday and I'll be busy all next week (haircut and color, manicure, pedicure, waxing, dropping dogs off, cleaning house, canceling mail, etc).

Anyone else clean their house more than usual just before a trip? I always give it an extra cleaning the day before we leave (vacumn, shampoo carpets, mop, dust, clean ceiling fans, wash & change all sheets, clean refrigerator, make sure all laundry is done and put away, etc). I can't stand to come back to housework.

I do the same thing, I clean everything really good, I love coming home to a clean house.

Yep, I make sure everything is clean before we leave too....I do NOT want to come home with Disney Depression and add to it with housecleaning depression LOL

This time next week I should be driving onto Disney property. I just finished packing a few minutes ago.:rotfl: Well, I said finished, but I still have to add last minute stuff (ID, cc, phone, chargers, Kindle, etc), but I can't do that until the night before we leave.

Yep, I make sure everything is clean before we leave too....I do NOT want to come home with Disney Depression and add to it with housecleaning depression LOL

nothing nicer than coming hometo a spotless house. :) course, that only lasts about 2 mins once i get home. ;)

I would say that about 30% of what I take is in my suitcases at all times, like the power strip, and my small fan, and other items I would only use on a vacation. About 40% gets packed in the month leading up to the trip - clothes I typically only wear on the trip, fresh batteries for the camera, any electronics like cameras that I won't be using until the trip. The last 30% is done over the week before I go - the last laundry, any perishable items, any last minute items from the store.

I also keep an Excel spreadsheet going and check off things as they are packed, so I don't have to wonder if I've missed something.

I also try to leave the house in "company coming" condition - especially during hurricane season in case my sister's family evacuates to the house while I'm at WDW (you never know what might happen when you travel in September). She lives on the coast and my house is her go to spot if she has to evacuate.

I usually pack the night before but this year I will pack some outfits in October since we are going in December and we live in NY. Before I put away summer clothes I will make sure I set aside a pair or 2 of shorts and capris. Need to remind older kids to the same. We also leave the morning after Christmas so it's slightly stressful time so probably a few days before!

I have a spare bedroom and that's where I lay everything out. I only take carry on (even for 2 weeks - I end up doing laundry). I have those bags that you squeeze the air out so I can pack a lot in them. I have all my necessities with my luggage and that makes it easier to make sure I don't forget anything and yes I make a list. I keep an eye on the weather since that makes a difference in my what I bring. For trips in November/December I found out that I have to wear boots - last time I came back home I was up to my knees in capris and sandals trying to get couple of feet of snow off my car. Yikes !

The way things go for me, if I cleaned my house THAT well, there would surely be a tornado or flood or fire! :confused3

We do dust, sweep, make sure dishes are done, turn off water to the washer, and change the sheets. Nothing says welcome home like curling up in clean sheets.:angel:

I always have to make sure that DH has a clean outfit for work because we get home late and then he has to go to work the next day..I always take that day off!

I always have to make sure that DH has a clean outfit for work because we get home late and then he has to go to work the next day..I always take that day off!

We used to check out on a Saturday so we could get home and my DH and I would both have a 'rest' day before going back to work on Monday. A few years ago he said he'd rather stay an extra day and go straight to work the next day after we got home.....he didn't have to convince me to add a day at Disney LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter