How early for Long Beach flight?

lvdis

love disney
How early do you typically get to Long Beach airport (LGB) for a Southwest flight departure? Trying to decide what time to be picked up from the hotel tomorrow morning. Thanks

Do you have TSA pre check? If so lines are pretty quick. Our last trip on to HNL (in March) on WN we checked bags, got through security (w/ precheck) and got precleared for safe travels in under and hour. The non precheck line would have probably added another 45 mins as it was significantly longer.

Are you checking bags? LGB is pretty chill and you get dropped off right at the check-in desk. To be safe, 1 hour, 1:30 if you are checking bags.

Will add disclaimer - check traffic, this is So Cal. Even still, the 22 and 405 have carpool lanes the whole way (even the transition). Unless something news-worthy happens it should go smoothly.

There’s no need for TSA pre check at Long Beach Airport. It’s such a small airport, I don’t think it’s ever taken me more than 20 minutes to get through security!

We fly out of LGB all the time and love it. We get there early to be safe and we have TSA Precheck but even when checking bags I have never waiting for longer then 15 mins to check my bag and get through security. That is a combined 15 mins for both tasks. I love the airport so much. We rent a car and take the street from LGB to Disneyland and back and never have to put any gas in the car at all. Its a very nice drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter