How early is the early DVC race registration? 2 part question

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I had signed up for this years Dark side when they had the early DVC registration.

My family (myself DH and twin sons) will be doing it next year and i see that the regular registration opens on 5/23/17. I can't recall when the registration opened for the early DVC registration. Is it typically a week ahead? I just want to be able to mark my calendar so that i don't miss out.

My other question is -- my husband and i are both DVC members, and our kids both will be 12 at the time of the race. Am I able to sign up everyone at the same time during the early DVC registration? or am i limited to only being able to sign up myself?

My husband doesn't have his own online DVC account because i take care of that all -- does he need to have his own online account to take advantage of the early registration?

It used to be a week before but they changed it this year to the Thursday before. General Registration is always on a Tuesday. The DVC/AP registration will be the Thursday before that.

Others will be better able to help you with your other questions.

Ok I answered part of my question and included info from the site if anyone else needs it:

Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side

Events Dates: April 19–22, 2018

Early Registration Starts: Thursday, May 18, 2017 at noon Eastern Time / 9:00 AM Pacific Time

Early Registration Ends: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time / 5:00 PM Pacific Time

Since you're doing it this year, you should know that they may well send an email in the week after this event offering extra early registration. They have done that this year for January marathon weekend, light side, and princess.

On the other hand, normal early registration for light side continues to be delayed, and there are some changes to it on the Active page. So dark side might be changing too. I wouldn't make any nonrefundable reservations for next year.

I don't know what might be changing. If know that I was thinking of next year's Dark Side, I wouldn't book anything that's non-refundable until registration started.

But then I've had a race cancelled that I'd been signed up for for a couple months. And it wasn't a fly by night race organization, but Rock&Roll. (RIP RnR Vancouver)

So I'm wary of all these changes, and the fact that Light Side still isn't registering freaks me out. They did the early registration for 2017 runners, then halted. "Registration for the 2018 Star Wars™ Half Marathon at Disneyland® Resort has been temporarily postponed and will open at a later date. Updated information regarding early and general registration dates to come."

What was the Rebel Challenge is now, on active.com, the Resistance Challenge. I see nothing about the Kessel Run for 2018 on rundisney. It's just making me nervous. If I were making non-refundable arrangements I would get travel insurance and include EVERYTHING.

If I were making non-refundable arrangements I would get travel insurance and include EVERYTHING.
Thankfully we are not just going for the race, but for a family vacation so doing the race is just a bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter