• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early is too early?

MeanestMomEver

Oh Boy!
If you have an early reservation for a KTTK tour or a breakfast before park opening, how early will they admit you? I'd dearly love to take a few (or a lot of) photos on the way to our reservations.

In my case, this would be an 8 am Crystal Palace reservation on a 9 am park opening day and a "meet at 8:15 for an 8:30 tour" on another 9 am park opening day.

And in looking for info, all I saw was that you need your reservation number but no info on where to go. Will it be obvious? Is there a certain line? I appreciate any advice offered.

One of the entrance lines will have a sign that says "Early Reservations" or something like that. I can't remember the wording, but it is fairly obvious that's where you need to line up.

I don't know the "rule" on how early you can get in. We've done it a few times (though not for the last couple years). We never had to wait to get in, but we probably weren't there before 7:45.

When we had an early Crystal Palace reservation they basically let us in on the honor code... but maybe our res popped up when we scanned our magic band... don't know for sure... we went in about 15 minutes before hand and got some pretty good shots on main Street.

Edit: the line is obvious... even if you miss it (which we did) we asked at the turnstile before scanning in and they told us exactly which turnstile to go through for early reservations.

We love making ressies for Crystal Palace early. It is an amazing way to get some castle pics with fewer people on them. They let us in so early last time, we actually (I can't believe I'm saying this),but ran out of things to take pics of. Side note, always take a pic of each restaurant you go to. It's another way to remember what you've done that day.

Once I went on the back lot tour and had to cut through epcot going in at the International gate. I was able to walk to the entrance without seeing anyone other than CM's. It was rather fun to do. I took some cute photos.

A few weeks ago the early ADR entrance was to the far left of the Mk entrance tunnels once you scanned through with the MB. I have never been asked for my ADR number surprisingly

I did kttw last month and I was let into the park at 7:45am (btw they never asked for confirmation or anything...just let me in:confused3) and I checked in for the tour as soon as I got in. Checking in took maybe 5 mins and then I had until 8:30 to walk around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter