How early to buy MVMCP Tickets?

Kathy Muniz

Mouseketeer
Just curious, for those who went last year, what month did you buy your tickets in? Were they sold out by a certain month? We’re thinking of going to DW in December but might not be finalizing our plans until June/July... since the party tickets are non-refundable I’m wondering if it’s ok to wait until August time frame to buy them or if I should get them right when they come out (May?).

TIA

Just curious, for those who went last year, what month did you buy your tickets in? Were they sold out by a certain month? We’re thinking of going to DW in December but might not be finalizing our plans until June/July... since the party tickets are non-refundable I’m wondering if it’s ok to wait until August time frame to buy them or if I should get them right when they come out (May?).

TIA

Some dates can sell out.
Those dates can change yearly.
Most dates will not sell out and certainly most dates will not be sold out in Aug.
(Most MVMCP dates only sell out 1-2 days in advance...
but there can be some that sell out a week or more in advance.)

However, with changing crowd-levels every year... you never know.

Last year's INFO.

Last edited:
I think you'll be fine waiting until August. I would need to look at Robo's link to be sure, but I don't think any dates sold out that early. We went to the Dec. 17 party last year and purchased our tickets on Nov. 26 right after it was announced the last party had sold out! (our party was the same week).

We will be there Dec 21-29 and really want to do MVMCP again, last year it was easily the highlight of our trip. We did so many rides in just 3 hours before enjoying all the Christmas events. I hope the last party will be the 21st and we can go, last year and the year before the final party was the Friday before the week of Christmas and that will be the 21st this coming year.

I think you'll be fine waiting until August. I would need to look at Robo's link to be sure, but I don't think any dates sold out that early. We went to the Dec. 17 party last year and purchased our tickets on Nov. 26 right after it was announced the last party had sold out! (our party was the same week).
Good to know! Thanks!

As soon as you know which day you want to go. We went on Tuesday dec 5th. TP predicted this to be the quietest party of the season. It sold out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter