How far ahead can you book Grand Canyon?

Angie_Ohio

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can make reservations through the national parks 366 days ahead like Yosemite??
We are looking into a trip to GC, Bryce and Zion for 2010.
Angie

I think the hotels take reservations 365 days in advance. I am not sure about the packages that take you into the canyon.

We did that trip last summer and it was incredible! We stayed at the Maswik Lodge (cheap) at Grand Canyon and it was fairly decent but we chose the non-air conditioned room and despite what they tell you, it does not cool down that much at night in late July!!

At Zion NP we stayed right outside the park at Desert Pearl Inn. This was the most beautiful place we stayed at on our entire trip across country. Our room and view were absolutley wonderful! In fact I loved Bryce & Zion soooo much that my dh and I are considering doing a southern Utah trip instead of Hawaii for our 20th anniversary in 4 years. It was absolutely breathtaking!!!

We visited Bryce but didn't actually stay at the park but it is still amazing.

If I was to book the GC again, I would try to get one of the rooms with a view of the Canyon. But as it was, our lodge was nice and we were only a couple of minutes walk from the rim!

Good luck with your reservations!

DH and I went to the GC in Sept 2 years ago. I made our reservations thru www.xanterra.com/ about a year in advance. We stayed in a Bright Angel cabin right near the rim. If you want a room in the park, right near the rim you will need to make reservations well in advance.

I think reservations open 11 months out, but I'm not sure that's true.

We're going this July (first time, can't wait!). I wrote it on my calendar so I wouldn't forget, but I poked around and didn't call for about two weeks after the dates opened. I got a cabin, but it wasn't the style I wanted! I wanted the newer Western cabin, but I had to settle for the older Pioneer cabin (though I did snag the very last one with a rim view). And this was at the North Rim, the less popular side -- I'm sure it's worse at the South Rim.

Along those same lines, if you want to take a mule ride into the canyon, you have to make those reservations well in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter