how far ahead is too far & prepaying

guyzmom

Mouseketeer
Can you plan a Disney trip too far in advance? How far in advance can you make reservations for a Disney resort hotel? Is there a specific method you can use for prepaying a vacation? (I'm talking about approximately 2 years in advance).

Thanks so much!
Gretchen:pinkbounc

Im not for sure, but i think they take reservations about 2 years in advance. Its nice to put a deposit down and then pay a little at a time. Before you know it, its all paid for. I usually book about 1 year in advance.....as soon as i return home from my trip, i rebook for next year, then i have all year to get it paid for.

I guess they may have some limit on how far ahead you can make ressies, but I know for the milenium some people booked rooms over 10 years ahead of time. They won't know the exact rate when you book that far in advance, but you shouldn't have a problem booking a room.

When I took my fiancee last december, I booked it a yr and a half ahead of time thru AAA travel.
This let me not worry about 3 things-

1. down payment to hold trip but able to make payments when I wanted too
2. opened a "vacation club" account at my bank to slowly save $$ for trip
3. made sure we'd be able to go for the milenium celebration

I proposed just before the trip and having everything taken care of without charging made
me feel pretty goo about it all. Plus it was my 1st time going and I didn't want anything to
take away from my/our experience.

C-ya on Oct 27th Mickey!!

Dec/2000 Dolphin
Oct/2001 Swan

I see no benefit in prepaying anything unless actually required. If you're worried about spending the money, open an interest-bearing savings account just for your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter