How far did you live away from your school?

Probably 2 miles or so. But a 45 minute ride on the "yellow limousine".

I guess it worked out OK because being one of the first stops on the bus meant you were one of the first ones to get OFF the bus in the afternoon. :thumbsup2

Probably a 20 minute or so walk, both grammar school and high school, just in different directions.

And we walked, as my mother worked nights and was sleeping when we left for school.

Elementary school was a few blocks, everybody walked. Middle school was just short of being bused, I think you were bused if you you lived 1 1/2 or 2 miles. Anyways I had to walk. We moved during Middle School but the distance was about the same from both houses to the same school. High school was a few blocks.

Our town has 5 elementary schools, I lived about 1/2 mile from mine, which was pretty far. Our middle and high school are in the center of town, within 1 1/2 miles of every home, no buses here. I lived an easy 5 minute walk from both. College was an hour away.

10 minutes away by feet only. It was a different story with my college though... I need approximately 1 hour and 20-30 minutes to get there and sometimes with the heavy traffic it took even 2 hours in total. That time was a complete nightmare and i often visit different websites which helped me with my homework, cause i just didn't have enough time for that.

Last edited:
First elementary school - walking distance
Move to suburbs
Next elementary school - 10 minute bus ride
High school - 45 minute bus ride
college (I was a commuter) - 45 minute drive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter