How far do you travel

Hey PoohBear
Any idea which loop ur gonna request? Might have to meet up at the Fort! We're 30 miles south of Pittsburgh

Hey PoohBear Any idea which loop ur gonna request? Might have to meet up at the Fort! We're 30 miles south of Pittsburgh

I have no idea what loop we are going to request. Lol. We have a full hookup site reserved, we are in PA too...Near York. I have family in Pittsburgh. My family is from there- in South Hills and Carrick areas. It would be great to meet a fellow DISer at the Fort!

About 550 miles from Southern Pines, NC. Towing a 27 ft TT. We will be there in 45 days!!

About 2500 miles from the western edge of AZ. We tow a 5th wheel. Used to live in Ca it was almost 3000 miles from there and worth every mile if it. We are retired so we have the time, just can't do it every year. Been twice and going again Nov. 2015

I am simply amazed at how far some of you fine people travel to the Fort and WDW! I am thankful for being so close! 950 miles!:):firefight

About 1,000 miles from NEPA pulling a 40 ft. 5th wheel. We are so excited to finally be camping at FW. August 9 can't come soon enough!

Only 650 miles for me. Some of you guys really have a long haul.

About 1200 mi. for us...in a Jeep...with 3 kids. But we can't wait to tent camp at WDW for the first time! We have stayed in the cabins 2x and rented an RV, so it's time for the trifecta :)

We have managed to go camping 2x so far in June and streamline what we are carrying. By September everything might actually fit in the car!!

1040 Miles from the driveway to check-in. Live in New Jersey just outside Philadelphia. Drove straight through on the way down towing a 28 ft Jayco in 18 hours. Left home at 2:20 am and pulled into the fort at 8:30 pm. Took 2 days gettin home. The drive home is the worst.

We travel 490 miles from Daphne AL. Sept will be our first time to camp at the fort and we're driving a 19' Coachman RV. :thumbsup2

From the Gulf Coast to FW is 93 miles for us in a 31' Class A Holiday Rambler, but we only go between late Sept to May to avoid the heat and crowds. Safe travels to you all :cool2:

We drive 193 miles from NE Florida to where the Magic is - I-95 to I-4 and we are there. About 3 hours. We have towed a 39' TT, a 36' 5th Wheel and now drive a 35' Motorhome towing a Ford Edge.

Disney got a whole lot closer for us when we moved from PA to FL in 2006 :)

Russ

For 12 years we drove over 1100 miles in a motorhome to get our Disney fix. Since 2007 our trip via I-95 and I-4 in our 40' motorhome is about 103 miles and takes us (depending on Orlando traffic) about 1hour 45 minutes. But I have to say that the rush we get going through the welcome signs at Disney and Ft Wilderness is the same no matter the miles we travel. It's always a special experience. pixiedust:

We run 1100 miles straight through from northern Illinois. Usually when camping we try to limit it to 400 miles a day, but when Disney calls, you've got to go!

1975 Fort Wilderness 3 Nights 500 Loop *|* 1977 Off Property 5 Nights *|* 1993 Off Property 7 Nights
1885 Dixie Landings 7 Nights *|* 2003 Fort Wilderness 7 Nights 1400 Loop *|* 2006 Disneyland - Off Property 7 Nights
2006 Fort Wilderness 12 Nights 900 Loop *|* 2009 Fort Wilderness 14 Nights 1300 Loop *|* 2010 Disneyland - Paradise Pier 8 Nights
2011 Fort Wilderness 11 Nights 1300 Loop *|* 2013 Fort Wilderness 10 Nights 1300 Loop
**2008 Chevy Express Conversion Van / 2007 Coleman Bayside**

Just under 1000 miles pulling a 39' 5th wheel, can make it on 1 load of diesel but we also have two 120 gallon tanks!!!!!!!!!

A lot of people doing the full jog non stop. I don't know how you do it. Im in my 30's and I get about 12 hours on the road and I am wiped out and need to stop for the night. Trying to make the entire trip non stop I just do not have the energy for it.

double-r - It is nice to have a long range, just to skip fueling in the expensive states. I carry an extra 45 gallons ontop of the factory tank, I can make it to SC before I am down to about 1/3rd tank and refule before I hit FL interstate prices.

double-r - It is nice to have a long range, just to skip fueling in the expensive states. I carry an extra 45 gallons ontop of the factory tank, I can make it to SC before I am down to about 1/3rd tank and refule before I hit FL interstate prices.

That's how we travel, load up when the fuel prices are low and skip the high places. Also try to do that with the Smart we carry also but that does not always work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter