How far in advance must a dining reservation be cancelled?

niklynn1

Mouseketeer
I have booked some reservations for TS dinners during our trip, for some late evening dinners. When I make the reservations, it tells me they must be cancelled 24 hours in advance to avoid a charge.

However, I see from reading trip reports that some people cancel the day of while in the parks if their plans change.

After a busy day in the parks, if we decide we are too tired to make it to a sit-down dinner, can I cancel from my phone? How much notices is required to not get charged the "no-show" fee?

It is midnight the day before. On the day of, some people have had luck modifying the reservation to a later date and then cancelling, but I personally haven't tried that.

If you cancel a reservation day-of you are subject to the cancellation fee.

11:59 pm the night before. Any cancellations after that are subject to a cancellation fee or waived at the CMs discretion. The only one I’ve canceled same day I also made same day, and they waived any fee.

You have up until the midnight before, however based on experience and based on what others have said, if you go to the restaurant in person or speak to the concierge at your hotel and tell them you'd like to cancel, they'll do it and you won't incur a fee. Back in August, we were tired and wanted to head out of HS, but we had a MM reservation. I just went to the counter and was truthful and told them that we really didn't feel like staying and the girl said absolutely no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter