How far is Port Canaveral from Disney?

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
I just called DCL to advise them of our drop off and pick up resorts for the DCL transfers.

I hung up and then DH asked how far of a distance it is from the resort to the Port.

I'm not calling back...it was a 10 minute wait...

So, can you wonderful people answer?

Thanks!

I just called DCL to advise them of our drop off and pick up resorts for the DCL transfers.

I hung up and then DH asked how far of a distance it is from the resort to the Port.

Thanks!
From WDW resorts to Port Canaveral is approximately one hour. Of course, it depends on where your resort is located on the property, and the traffic conditions on any given day.

DCL transfer pick ups from the resorts are typically in the 10:45-12:30 window. Each resort has one pick up, and each bus may stop at up to 3 resorts before heading for the port.

From WDW resorts to Port Canaveral is approximately one hour. Of course, it depends on where your resort is located on the property, and the traffic conditions on any given day.

DCL transfer pick ups from the resorts are typically in the 10:45-12:30 window. Each resort has one pick up, and each bus may stop at up to 3 resorts before heading for the port.

Thank you!!!

We are getting on the ship from AoA and getting off the ship going to GF.

Are the 2 or 3 resorts in close proximity to one another or is it based on how to best fill a bus?

Thanks! We are staying at a MK resort, and I wasn't sure if we would be traveling all over the World to pick up guests. You are a wealth of knowledge ;)
Really depends on how many people book dcl transfers at which hotels and what Mears has available that day. 2 or 3 families at each of the MK resorts and 1 bus most likely pick them all up but typically a bus will stay in 1 area and not travel from say the Poly to All Stars to pick up.

Really depends on how many people book dcl transfers at which hotels and what Mears has available that day. 2 or 3 families at each of the MK resorts and 1 bus most likely pick them all up but typically a bus will stay in 1 area and not travel from say the Poly to All Stars to pick up.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Thanks!

A one hour relaxing, wonderful, picturesque drive across the Florida peninsula through mostly uninhabited green belt. Once clear of Orlando your next sight of civilization is the Disney ship when you top that last bridge!

A one hour relaxing, wonderful, picturesque drive across the Florida peninsula through mostly uninhabited green belt. Once clear of Orlando your next sight of civilization is the Disney ship when you top that last bridge!

Sounds fantastic! Hope it will be relaxing with our 1 year old son on board, lol

If am staying at the double tree universal studios

What is the best way to port canaverial and would I be better going the night before and staying there

If am staying at the double tree universal studios

What is the best way to port canaverial and would I be better going the night before and staying there
I don't believe any of the Universal hotels have a shuttle to the port. You'd have to arrange private transportation (taxi, limo) from there.

Do you mean change hotels for one night? It wouldn't be worth it to me to do that. But it's certainly an option. There are hotels at Port Canaveral that offer shuttles to the port.

I would honestly suggest that if you are going to go on a cruise, that you do not stay at the WDW resorts, but stay in Port Canaveral itself. The rooms are cheaper, better, and a lot closer. We have tried it both ways but we decided that there is literally no advantage to staying at a WDW resort if going on a cruise.

Well we plan staying 3 nights at double tree universal then 7 night cruise then 4 days at a Disney hotel

Just not sure the best and cheapest way to the port

Or would I be better staying 2 nights at double tree and one night at a port hotel near by

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter