HOw far outside orlando to stay the night before going to Epcot

Cassbrooks2010

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this was the best place for this but it seemed close!

We will be driving in from Atlanta but not leaving til 4pm Thursday. Knowing me I will get sleepy far before reaching orlando. Is staying in Gainesville reasonable for a drive in to be at Epcot at opening on Friday morning? I wasn’t sure how rush hour would be although we would leave Gainesville by 5 am at the latest.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I drive down from St. Augustine often but have found that rush hour can be bad ... but I'm coming in via I-4 the whole way through downtown ORL. Turnpike is likely not that bad and you would only have a short stint on I-4.

I've done ATL to Ocala a few times leaving in the afternoon, then straight to a park in the morning. It can make for a very long day but doable.

The major mapping software lets you put in a "Leave At" time and date. It will give you times based on historical traffic data. Selecting a random Friday in April, I'm getting 2 hours and 5 minutes travel time with Light Traffic. Bing Maps also provides the time if traffic didn't exist. Here, it's 1 hour 48 minutes. Effectively, the traffic will only slow you down about 17 minutes for that 120 mile drive.

Link to Bing Maps with the above settings: https://binged.it/2oCeIiY

I think you'd be fine; take 75 to the Turnpike to the 429. Google Maps estimates it would take anywhere from 1 hour and 50 minutes to 2 hours and 20 minutes... you could probably stop for breakfast with that kind of time!

We drive in from Atlanta, and I would recommend Ocala. Gainesville is about 5 hours for us, and another 2:30 from there. Ocala gets us most of the way, with about another 1 - 1:15 remaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter