How fast do ROTR ILL sell out?

Olsonpack98

Earning My Ears
We are getting ready to purchase an ILL on thursday morning for ROTR. We are staying on Disney property so we can get on the app right at 7am.
Does it sell out immediately? Within minutes? What should we expect?

Also, if our reservation is linked to the app, is that how they know we are on disney property or do we have to be on Disney wifi at the time?

In our experience, unless you’re on at 6:59:59am, and unless you persistently hammer against the server, you are unlikely to get an ILL.

We did not use Disney wi-fi and were successful.

We are getting ready to purchase an ILL on thursday morning for ROTR. We are staying on Disney property so we can get on the app right at 7am.
Does it sell out immediately? Within minutes? What should we expect?

Also, if our reservation is linked to the app, is that how they know we are on disney property or do we have to be on Disney wifi at the time?
Last weekend RotR showed ILL$ availability for quite some time. If you absolutely have to get an AM return time, it’s stressful. We always go for PM / evening return times — they have always been plentiful and the time we selected has never once changed on us.

Where you stay and who your cell provider is matter, but I can tell you that I have Verizon and staying at AKL, my cell coverage is faster than their wifi so that's what I've used the past couple of years for signups. I also don't trust Disney IT as far as I can throw them ("And with your bad back, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anybody") so that works for me. Your mileage may vary.

That being said: about 2 weeks ago, I was able to immediately at 7am get a LL for Slinky at around 9am, and then buy an ILL for Rise which was for like 10:10 I want to say, even after the "slip" that occurs during the purchasing process where the time window you select gets a bit later n the day. If your goal is a morning ILL for Rise, you're going to be able to pull it off.

As UK visitors without roaming data, I'm at the mercy of Disney Wifi. We are early morning visitors to the parks so I can only hope something is available first thing, but if it means going back in the evening then we will do, it's our main goal of this trip. Luckily we have three HS days, and park hopper so have some flexibility.

Where you stay and who your cell provider is matter, but I can tell you that I have Verizon and staying at AKL, my cell coverage is faster than their wifi so that's what I've used the past couple of years for signups. I also don't trust Disney IT as far as I can throw them ("And with your bad back, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anybody") so that works for me. Your mileage may vary.

That being said: about 2 weeks ago, I was able to immediately at 7am get a LL for Slinky at around 9am, and then buy an ILL for Rise which was for like 10:10 I want to say, even after the "slip" that occurs during the purchasing process where the time window you select gets a bit later n the day. If your goal is a morning ILL for Rise, you're going to be able to pull it off.
Yeah I've noticed those "open times" pop up from time to time as well.... just not when I was needing it too.

As for the OP... all depends on crowd levels. This is going to be a holiday weekend, so really depend on how many added days before the 4th, rather than after the 4th....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter