• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How "fat" of a pen for char. autographs?

CrzyforPiglet

<font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta
This is sort of an off-shoot of my question on the restaurant board - how "fat" of a pen/marker should you bring for the characters to sign. I'm making an autograph book for my niece that is made up of cardstock and I saw some neat "artistic" markers at the craft store that were "fatter" than regular pens but not real big. Would a regular Crayola marker do? and is it customary to use markers or pens or does it not matter?

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

We use Sharpie pens and they seem to work well. I would think anything that thick is fine.

For a ball point pen, I've used the Doctor's Grip and/or the PhD (made by name brand pen makers). They are both "fatter" than average pens and have a comfy contour grip, good for use with big, gloved hands...

Wal-Mart carries both pens...

:cool:

I think they can sign with just about anything, I've seen them use crayons on occassion!! BUT, I think they do prefer the slightly bigger pens as it's easier to get their hands wrapped around them. The pens we use are usually the size of a regular crayola marker so you should be fine.

Have fun!

The last time we went, we used the big fat pencils (1 took 2) that kids in preschool generally use. They are big enough that you can drill a hole at the top and them put a string or ribbon through to attach it to the autograph book.

We had one of our best moments with The Mad Hatter who did a whole bit with the pencil swinging from the autograph book and him acting like he couldn't catch it.

Cris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter