How FP+ is changing my life

markandjen

Posts are often made without the guidance of Jen
My 60 day window opened up on Tuesday morning, so so early. With my laptop on one side and a snoring wife and dog on the other I began the task of picking my Fastpasses. I was able to get A&E for Friday early afternoon (Day 66), I got 7DMT for Saturday evening (day 60), Friday morning and Saturday morning (days 66 and 67) and I filled the rest of my slate with attractions that fit in very nicely to my idea schedule and walking plan. Then I realized.....I DON'T HAVE TO DO ROPE DROP! No more do I have to get up at 630a to be at Hollywood Studios before 8 to get accosted by strollers trying to get the elusive TSMM FP that inevitabley I would get for 330p on a day I wanted to leave by noon due to the fact I was up early and have an ADR in Epcot followed by Iluminations. Never again will I get to engage in the horrible task of Fastpass running. The often undocumented plight faced by the males of many herds in which they leave there group during peak grazing and social times, cross vast distances (sometimes whole continents) to secure a Fastpass which in some instances will save you 10 whole minutes of standing in line. The touring plans I've set up for our trip after scheduling FP+ have us following a logical progression not zig zagging back and forth across the parks. I was able to plan breaks in the middle of the day and not have to worry that at anytime the Fastpass machine would print out a ticket for BTMRR that would fall right in the middle of nap time, nope nap time for this chap is now penciled in. I know it sounds ridiculous but I actually think all this structure to my schedule is going to afford us more time to be spontaneous and to just relax and take it in. I think FP+ is going to help make for a great week!

My 60 day window opened up on Tuesday morning, so so early. With my laptop on one side and a snoring wife and dog on the other I began the task of picking my Fastpasses. I was able to get A&E for Friday early afternoon (Day 66), I got 7DMT for Saturday evening (day 60), Friday morning and Saturday morning (days 66 and 67) and I filled the rest of my slate with attractions that fit in very nicely to my idea schedule and walking plan. Then I realized.....I DON'T HAVE TO DO ROPE DROP! No more do I have to get up at 630a to be at Hollywood Studios before 8 to get accosted by strollers trying to get the elusive TSMM FP that inevitabley I would get for 330p on a day I wanted to leave by noon due to the fact I was up early and have an ADR in Epcot followed by Iluminations. Never again will I get to engage in the horrible task of Fastpass running. The often undocumented plight faced by the males of many herds in which they leave there group during peak grazing and social times, cross vast distances (sometimes whole continents) to secure a Fastpass which in some instances will save you 10 whole minutes of standing in line. The touring plans I've set up for our trip after scheduling FP+ have us following a logical progression not zig zagging back and forth across the parks. I was able to plan breaks in the middle of the day and not have to worry that at anytime the Fastpass machine would print out a ticket for BTMRR that would fall right in the middle of nap time, nope nap time for this chap is now penciled in. I know it sounds ridiculous but I actually think all this structure to my schedule is going to afford us more time to be spontaneous and to just relax and take it in. I think FP+ is going to help make for a great week!

Great! But I do have to point out--you were picking out what theme-park attractions to ride two months from now in the middle of the night next to snoring wives and dogs. ;)

Great! But I do have to point out--you were picking out what theme-park attractions to ride two months from now in the middle of the night next to snoring wives and dogs. ;)

Fortunately I have a short memory and that one night of being up till 130 will be an oh so distant memory. I would also qualify that if my son hadn't expressed an interest in meeting the Frozen ladies I would of waited till the next morning. Curse you Anna and Elsa!

Fortunately I have a short memory and that one night of being up till 130 will be an oh so distant memory. I would also qualify that if my son hadn't expressed an interest in meeting the Frozen ladies I would of waited till the next morning. Curse you Anna and Elsa!

We just got back last week after using FP+ for the first time and I loved it. Unless you are the type that used to try to get 10 per day, I think it is great. It was very nice being able to sleep in a bit and still get to the rides we wanted knowing they were guaranteed. It worked perfectly for us and like you stated, in a way added some flexibility to our day, particularly when it came to our quick serve meals and those tack on attractions that traditionally have short waits.

BWA HA HA HA...

I scored A&E very early this morning as well and celebrated in a manner that rivaled my reaction to a playoff win. Thank goodness the rest of the world was asleep or I may well have had to surrender my man card.

BWA HA HA HA...

I scored A&E very early this morning as well and celebrated in a manner that rivaled my reaction to a playoff win. Thank goodness the rest of the world was asleep or I may well have had to surrender my man card.

I have to say I was excited to get A&E too. I've tried to get the boy to want to meet the various princesses in the past with no success. All I know is the furry characters seem to always like the dads so I'm hoping the non furry one do too ;)

BWA HA HA HA...

Best.post.ever. :)

On previous message boards that I shared an account with my beautiful and much wiser wife I always had the signature...... Mark, without the wisdom and guidance of Jen. I think perhaps I should add that.

On previous message boards that I shared an account with my beautiful and much wiser wife I always had the signature...... Mark, without the wisdom and guidance of Jen. I think perhaps I should add that.

pretty funny stuff... love to know I'm not alone... but still feeling like a disboards loser for not getting A&E..but will be enjoying premium package at HS..:rotfl:

I've only done the old FP system so I am very overwhelmed by this new system. I'm reading all kinds of stuff but it sure doesn't seem like you can obtain many FPs like you could on the old system.

BWA HA HA HA...

LOVE this ... sounds just like my DH ... It's so awesome when your spouse is just as into it as you are! Congrats on your score!

I totally agree with your sentiments.....however, I'm more than a little irritated at the tiers of FP's available. Not being able to get Soarin' AND Test Track in the same day irritates me. Love not running around though!

Nice to see someone on the positive side of MM+/FP+. No doubt the system has it's warts, but it also brings with it certain improvements. I thought the same thing in July....so nice not to have to be the FP runner! Also, as we park hop a lot it was very nice going to a park in the evening with FP+ in hand. Personally I think the perfect combo often involves rope drop in the am with FP+ in the pm.

I've only done the old FP system so I am very overwhelmed by this new system. I'm reading all kinds of stuff but it sure doesn't seem like you can obtain many FPs like you could on the old system.

That is correct insofar as headliners go. For the most part, you cannot. The trade-off is, as pointed out above, that you can allocate your time to doing other things at 6:30 in the morning. People who used to maximize their FP usage at headliners can probably find a way to use just as many FPs now, only they won't all be for headliners. Once those are "sold out", then they are gone for the day. But after you use your initial three, you can get and use FPs far faster than you could before. For example, under the old system, if a FP was available for almost immediate use, you could use it during the first minute of its window, but still be locked out from getting another FP until the window had expired. Now, if you get your 4th FP for immediate use and use it in its first minute, you can get another FP right after exiting that ride. No need to wait 50 more minutes. So in the end, you might use 3 FP+ for headliners, and 6 other FPs for "secondary" attractions in a single day. The secondary attractions might have only 10-15 minute waits. But if you bypass 6 SB lines with an average wait time of 12 minutes, you save yourself 72 minutes over the course of the day. What you do with those "found" 72 minutes is up to you. You might spend them waiting in the TSMM standby line for a second ride that day. Or you might discover all sorts of new things to do. Like sleep.

:thumbsup2

Haha I love this thread!!! My man HATES crowds I mean seriously he would be screaming and swearing in the middle of the turnstiles before you even get into the park. So we are gladly leaving him at home and going just me and my mom and my dd. lol He can take a golf trip elsewhere whenever he likes to make up for it. lol

BWA HA HA HA...

Congratulations!
:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter