How Good is d-luxe burger?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I would love to sample the food here because I love hamburgers. I have read some mixed reviews on this and I'm just looking for some opinions on it. Also has anybody tried the El Diablo Burger? It has peaked my interest.

I have been there twice, once on an adults only girls trip and once with 21 high school girls basketball players! I think the food was great! I recommend it as a good value for the price in terms of quality. I cannot speak to the el Diablo burger.

My husband LOVED the el Diablo Burger. He got it twice on our last trip. But I did not like the burgers much. Ours was very much red inside and still looked like raw hamburger and when we said something about it they said that is how they cook them. :confused3 So i did not enjoy it at all. I'm a well done kind of girl. :rotfl:

However, I have heard since then that they may have added on the option to have it well done. Not sure if that is true because we haven't been on a trip since April 2017.

However, I have heard since then that they may have added on the option to have it well done. Not sure if that is true because we haven't been on a trip since April 2017.

We always asked for well done burgers wherever we go. We went to D Luxe a month or two after it opened and they gave us a well done burger. No problem. I think the difference now, is that they actually ask how you want your burger cooked when you order. They didn't ask on our first few visits, we just told them.

My husband LOVED the el Diablo Burger. He got it twice on our last trip. But I did not like the burgers much. Ours was very much red inside and still looked like raw hamburger and when we said something about it they said that is how they cook them. :confused3 So i did not enjoy it at all. I'm a well done kind of girl. :rotfl:

I.like al my meat cooked medium well =)

I had El Diablo, it was really good and juicy (and spicier than I thought, which is always a nice surprise as I feel like a lot of restaurants tone the heat down). My meat was perfect, I like it medium rare. We have a truly fabulous burger place next to us so while we really enjoyed our meal, we were expecting this quality. The fries are fine but the sauces really stand out. We had some of everything and our favourites were the curry ketchup and the blue cheese sauce.

Now this is the tricky part - I don't know if I would recommend this place. The service was terrible - they made so many mistakes making our order in July of this year even if it had zero customization so we wondered how on earth they'd cope with any substitution/allergies. A manager took over and remade our entire order herself but she was really angry and practically barked at us and at the employees. I can't remember how much we ended up paying - they kept making so many mistakes and refunding us for so much that we might have GAINED money going there. It wasn't a great experience overall but the food was great.

Last edited:
We didn't care for it at all. Ours were greasy and tasteless (this was about 4 years ago). We have not been back. The fries were undercooked and greasy too. Maybe a bad day? We saw all the rave reviews and made a point to go there and it was such a let down. We threw half of it away.

Ours were greasy and tasteless (this was about 4 years ago).

I too went 2 or 3 years ago and I thought the burger was pretty tasteless - as if it had no seasoning on it at all. The fries and shake were pretty good.

We were pleasantly surprised by our experience there. It was a last minute decision and we consider ourselves burger aficionados and I must say it was REALLY good and a great value for the money. Unlike the rest of Disney quick service they let you select the temperature you cook your meat too and as someone who appreciates a good medium rare burger they did a great job cooking it. I had the southern burger and it was juicy and messy with a great bun and everything I want from a burger. My hubby had the El Diablo and while he liked the spice from the chorizo I think he wished he went with an all beef burger as it was missing some of the juices.

We went last week and both loved it! I had the seasonal burger and shake, while my girlfriend got the Southern Burger. We shared an order of large fries. Both of us loved our burgers, the fries, shake, and all of the dipping sauces. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Will throw another opinion that I thought D-Luxe topped out at "decent" which was disappointing considering the reviews we had read going in. This was our first lunch once we arrived in June. We much preferred the meal we had at Polite Pig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter