How good is Regal Eagle bbq?

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
I ask because we are from Memphis, home to arguably some of the best bbq in the country....but the food looks good and I'm intrigued to try it out. My wife scoffed at me when I mentioned I would maybe like to try some of the food there on our trip next spring.

I am not a bbq expert but I totally loved it. Some of the best stuff I’ve had in a theme park. I would recommended the kids meal to try it out, you get two sides (Mac and cheese is great, and I am the expert there) and a meat. It’s like 8 dollars including a drink and a great way to sample the menu if you’re not sure.

also, will you be there during a festival? Make sure to check out those menus too for some great eats!

Too many good places in Epcot I want to try....the new crepe place in France, along with the fish and chips in UK and pretzel in Germany! Drool....I want it all!

I ask because we are from Memphis, home to arguably some of the best bbq in the country....but the food looks good and I'm intrigued to try it out. My wife scoffed at me when I mentioned I would maybe like to try some of the food there on our trip next spring.

I’m from the Philly area where some of the best food in the country is, including Italian. I never attempt to eat anything Italian while at Disney because I know I can cook it myself or have it out locally back home. Although due to ADR availability, I did do Mama Melrose once which IMO was just ok. If you’re from Memphis, I would have the same mindset and not even think about it with all the other great selections available. I did try the brisket sandwich at Regal Eagle last yr and it wasn’t bad.

Too many good places in Epcot I want to try....the new crepe place in France, along with the fish and chips in UK and pretzel in Germany! Drool....I want it all!

My favorites at EP are Akershus and Chefs de France. Both bakeries in France and Norway are amazing!

Considering where you are from it will be a let down. As a SC boy, its passable but nothing like real BBQ.
I agree. We ate there about 2 weeks ago and Regal Eagle was definitely in the bottom half of BBQ for us.

My favorite was the Texas toast. The coleslaw was solid. The ribs were disappointing.

I kind of figured Regal Eagle wouldn't blow me away or anything, but I was still curious given a lot of the praise I've seen for it and the other bbq place, Flame Tree.....but I imagine a lot of people in this country also don't have easy access to great bbq either. That brisket sammy on the texas toast kind of had me drooling though...just the sounds of it at least.

We end up eating there a lot because 1) it's air conditioned (there is a shockingly low amount of a/c quick service spots in Epcot, especially in WS) 2) I can mobile order and not wait in a long line (I'm looking at you, Mexico CS & French bakery), and the seating inside is always plentiful and clean.

The chicken is quite good and a very large portion. The baked beans are very good, as are the onion rings (usually). We are Texans so we skip brisket anywhere we go.

For what it is, it hits the spot. During the cooler months, we branch out more.

(we have a young toddler that needs an actual meal so the booth grazing of our DINK days doesn't work right now).

Is it like Flametree? Everyone on these boards always raved about their food, and I thought it was pretty bad when we tried it. And I’m not from a state that specializes in barbecue, but I still know good food when I taste it!

I really don’t favor any of the American BBQ spots at WDW.
Too often a wet red sauce is used and that is just not my cup of tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter