• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How hard is it to book a 2BR at Hilton Head for the end of June or July for non-owners?

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
How hard is it to book a 2BR at Hilton Head for the end of June or for the month of July for the 7th month window? I feel like HH might be a better fit for my in-laws than a trip to Disney as they enjoy slower pace things and my eldest BIL has some mobility/health issues which makes Disney in the summer tough.

Summer is HH's high demand season. Late June to about July 6 is even higher as part of the July 4 holiday time. Low chance during that time although somewhat better if dates are flexible and you are only looking for two or at most three nights in a row. After July 6 and until the last week in July, for a 2BR, chances improve, although still a risk otherwise, e.g., the 2BR may be missing one or possibly two nights in a week, although you can sometimes find 7 nights in a row. Last week of July getting a 2BR becomes more difficult again.

We were thinking of 4 nights and don't have our hearts set on a certain date. Guess we'll see what happens!

Have always find it easier to booked reservation maybe cause I know the right people to contact

When we did it I rented points and then rented out my BWV points to cover the cost. Almost all HHI members bought to stay during the HHI "season" - with Summer being peak Season (or they bought to stay at Disney because the points were cheaper). So its like BWV for Food and Wine - except unlike BWV - HHI is wide open during most of January, February and March. I'd definitely have a back up plan for your vacation, make sure any points you thought you were going to use can still be used or banked, etc.

I booked a 2 bedroom twice 2013 & 2016 as the 7 month window opened for the 3rd week of July. I have seen in other posts that 2 bedroom units make up a good deal of HH inventory so you have a better chance than trying for a studio. That being said I did successfully get a studio also in both of those years. Best of luck.

When we did it I rented points and then rented out my BWV points to cover the cost. Almost all HHI members bought to stay during the HHI "season" - with Summer being peak Season (or they bought to stay at Disney because the points were cheaper). So its like BWV for Food and Wine - except unlike BWV - HHI is wide open during most of January, February and March. I'd definitely have a back up plan for your vacation, make sure any points you thought you were going to use can still be used or banked, etc.

I have a Dec UY so I am definitely going up to the end of July and if we can't grab dates, we will do something else.

I've been able to get weekends in July booking right at the 7 month mark, a 2 Bedroom.

Two bedroom units are easier than smaller rooms. There will be stairs involved with a two bedroom. Just wanted to make sure you realized it.

Two bedroom units are easier than smaller rooms. There will be stairs involved with a two bedroom. Just wanted to make sure you realized it.
Thanks for the follow up have always booked 2bedroom and is true it easier

I have a Dec UY so I am definitely going up to the end of July and if we can't grab dates, we will do something else.
Your Use Year has nothing to do with when you are allowed to make a reservation. Home Resort reservations may be made 11 months ahead of arrival and non-Home may be reserved 7 months ahead. HH owners may reserve HH in August for the following July. Non-Home owners must wait until December to reserve the following July.

Studios and 1BR do go quickly as there are only 21 of each (and all are lock-offs). There are 5 GVs and the rest are all dedicated 2BR villas, thus the reason for the tight availability for Studios and 1BRs. In addition, none of the HCA units are dedicated 2BR villas. There are lock-off 2BRs but they are typically reserved only as Studios and 1BRs unless someone requires a HCA 2BR villa.

Your Use Year has nothing to do with when you are allowed to make a reservation. Home Resort reservations may be made 11 months ahead of arrival and non-Home may be reserved 7 months ahead. HH owners may reserve HH in August for the following July. Non-Home owners must wait until December to reserve the following July.

Studios and 1BR do go quickly as there are only 21 of each (and all are lock-offs). There are 5 GVs and the rest are all dedicated 2BR villas, thus the reason for the tight availability for Studios and 1BRs. In addition, none of the HCA units are dedicated 2BR villas. There are lock-off 2BRs but they are typically reserved only as Studios and 1BRs unless someone requires a HCA 2BR villa.

Oh I know. I meant that I am only willing to try for a reservation up until my banking deadline as in I won't try for August. Probably didn't convey it that well.

Please remember that if you have someone with mobility issues, you should request to be in the Lodge, as it is the only building with an elevator . All the others have stairs to climb, even for the "first" floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter