• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How hard is it to find a table near a CS restaurant?

stagemomto3

Mouseketeer
We've heard so much about ordering way in advance for counter service...but even with this precaution, is seating readily available, or do we need to plan ahead to wait for a table? I'm thinking of places like Pacific Wharf in California Adventure, where there is usually ample seating. Just trying to plan our day in advance!

Bumping! I would also like to know where we can find ample seating in the shade to eat in each park.

Last edited:
I would check out the welcome back post and ask there:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-magic-is-back-share-your-experience-superthread.3835430/
I know some reported a couple weeks ago that tables were everywhere, but not sure if that's changed as attendence has gone up.
Thanks for the reminder! I think I saw that thread before (might have even posted on it?) but I wasn't watching it, and now I'm going to go back and review the whole thing! Well, as much as possible -- it's pretty long, which should mean lots of good info!

We've heard so much about ordering way in advance for counter service...but even with this precaution, is seating readily available, or do we need to plan ahead to wait for a table? I'm thinking of places like Pacific Wharf in California Adventure, where there is usually ample seating. Just trying to plan our day in advance!

Only place we tried was Plaza Inn in DLR, on 5/24. We mobile-ordered for a noon pickup. The tables were pretty crowded, but there were several indoor tables to choose from. All the outdoor tables were full.

We ate our Stage Door Cafe lunch in the Rancho del Zocalo dining area, plenty of room there every time we looked. (Always like that spot because of the water fill-up option.) It’s nicely central, so I think you could plan to go there from a lot of spots if you couldn’t find other room. We saw people eating dole whips and beignets there.

We lucked out and got a table at the Tropical Hideaway for our dole whips, but otherwise I’d say that can be a challenge.

We didn’t have trouble at Jolly Holiday, but could have taken that to RdZ if needed.

There’s also a lot of space over by Small World/Matterhorn, where the smoking area used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter