How hard is it to get 3 wks rental in 2 bed villa?

honeybelle

Earning My Ears
Straightforward question... we are hoping to rent points via dvcrentalstore/davids for 3 weeks, May 2024 (pre-Memorial day arr + departure) at VGF.
Availability wise, does this sound impossible?

Very, very, very unlikely. 3 weeks in May in a 2 BR Standard view at Grand Floridian is like 1128 points in a standard view. Very few members would have that many points and the likelihood of them wanting to rent that many points would be slim to none.

Very, very, very unlikely. 3 weeks in May in a 2 BR Standard view at Grand Floridian is like 1128 points in a standard view. Very few members would have that many points and the likelihood of them wanting to rent that many points would be slim to none.
Yeah, I thought this might be the case. Do you think 2 studios or a 1br/1 studio combo might be easier?

You would have a hard time getting 2 studios in the original building, but the Resort Studios would probably be do-able (but would still be a ton of points). The 1 br/studio combo would be more points than the 2 br would be.

Also, at 11 months a member can only book 7 nights. They would need to wait until 21 days into the window to be allowed to book 3 weeks.

Also, at 11 months a member can only book 7 nights. They would need to wait until 21 days into the window to be allowed to book 3 weeks.
Not quite accurate. In order to book all 21 days at once they would have to wait 14 days to book (previous 14 + next 7). They can also book 7 at day 1 and add 1 at a time for the next 2 weeks.

But, it's all a moot point. There is no way this theoretical rental is happening.

Thank you everyone for your advice, I had thought originally it would be hard anyway due to the length of time but then the number of points did occur to me also!
It seems like 2 studios is easier (albeit very very hard to get) so I think I’ll try for that. Then it comes down to - would it be easier to get 2 standard views, or 2 lake/theme park views? I’m thinking it’s a toss up between someone actually having more points in the case of the better view, vs the standards going faster due to costing less?
Thanks again everyone… new to dvc renting but reaaaaally hoping to do GF since this is our last trip before trying for kids !!

Thank you everyone for your advice, I had thought originally it would be hard anyway due to the length of time but then the number of points did occur to me also!
It seems like 2 studios is easier (albeit very very hard to get) so I think I’ll try for that. Then it comes down to - would it be easier to get 2 standard views, or 2 lake/theme park views? I’m thinking it’s a toss up between someone actually having more points in the case of the better view, vs the standards going faster due to costing less?
Thanks again everyone… new to dvc renting but reaaaaally hoping to do GF since this is our last trip before trying for kids !!
As far as views, DVC members are notoriously frugal with points, so the lower cost villas generally go faster, especially if there are fewer of them. I don’t know the relative numbers for VGF but it’s probably here on DISboards somewhere.

Another thought: if you get one of each, maybe they’ll be across the hall from each other. Although there are Resort studios (not Deluxe studios) that connect, I’m not sure how easy it is to have that request filled.

I don’t think you’ll have any problem getting the 2 studios if you’re willing to stay in the resort studios (which I personally love!)… and you could choose whichever view you’d prefer. 😉 But I will also say that for such a long rental, it would probably be easier to work with a person instead of a company. I realize there are risks (both ways), and you need to do whatever you’re most comfortable with. It’s just a thought. ☺️

We rented points for a week, from a DVC owner in October for two one bedrooms and a studio at the BCV. It was over 300 points. What I did ahead of the 11 month mark was PM a few Disers renting points on the Rent/Trade board to see if they’d have the points to rent that I needed. A couple got back to me and I ended up renting the points from one of them. It all worked out great.

My advice would be to try what I did and see if anyone has the amount of points you’d need. Occasionally there are owners on there with a lot of points available.

Thanks again for the helpful replies!
Honestly I am so torn between the original studios/resort studios that if I had to pick I don't think I could decide!! So it's purely a matter of what we can get. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter