How hard is it to get 7DMR FP+ now that big rush is over?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
My 60 days opens tomorrow, May 6, to make FP+ ressies. I'm trying to decide if I want to stay up past midnight to make them or get up at say 5am and do them before work.

How hard is it to get FP+ now for 7DMR now that the big rush has passed? I do not need A & E FP+. Our other two would be BMTR and Splash mountain. Will do Space Mt standby at rope drop.

Can not wait to go!!:banana:

I haven't tried to get 7DMT FPs yet, but I don't think the "big rush" will have passed for quite some time. IMO, 7DMT is going to remain a hot ticket at least through the summer and if it were me, I'd be trying to snatch up FP+ for it the moment they become available.

I'm a local annual pass holder and had no luck the day the Fastpass+ for 7DMT became available nor the day after trying to get it for Sat May 31.

However, went into the site yesterday afternoon and there were indeed Fastpass+ available for the Mine Train on that date of 5/31/14.

Best of luck to you.

Well, I think there are a couple factors at play. I tried to change the time for my FP on opening day and (understandably) there are no times left. But when I checked my FP for the following day, there were several times available. However, I'm only a party of one. Now, when I look on MDE for say, June 6 (the last possible day for me to make FPs as I'm a passholder), SDMT is very much available.

The trick I heard is to try and get it closer toward the end of your trip first. What happens is that even though your window opens, the start of your vacation overlaps with the others +7. So at the start if your trip, you are already competing for "left overs".

Lock in the later trip ones first and work backwards. If you can't get a time you like early in your trip, just keep checking and se if something opens up.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to MK in August so my window doesn't open until the second week of June, but I would like to get a fairly early time (like starting 10-/11-ish) to ride as we are only there for a day. If I get up at midnight, do I have a chance?

TBQH, I think FPs for SDMT are going to be easier to come by than A&E. It really *shouldn't* be too hard to snag. :goodvibes

Our window opened today for our trip that begins on July 4. I had no problem booking anything, including 7DMT, on the days & times I wanted. In fact, I had numerous time choices on each day to choose from. 4 people in our party

I am going June 20-27 (45 days away) and there are still FP available every time I have looked for 7DMT. The only thing not available is Anna/Elsa. Luckily, I was able to get A/E for my daughter at 55 days prior to our trip!

I got one for 6/8 on the day they opened FP. The next day I went in and got one for 6/4. I just looked at that one, and if I wanted to change the time, there were bunches of options. So I would say no need to stay up late for this.

If you're flexible with your times, and it's on a weekday, I think it should be okay. We weren't able to get any on Friday for 6/1 for our friends traveling with us, but I was able to get them booked today for 6/1, but it's a little later in the evening then ours.

I just changed around our times for our June 29-July 7, and had my pick of time slots for 7DMT on all of our days. That makes me think that it's not going to be that difficult to get them at 60 days out. 30 days out may be a different story though.

I got three for May 30 last night without too much trouble. May 28 and 29 were not available at the time I tried.

Our window opened today for our trip that begins on July 4. I had no problem booking anything, including 7DMT, on the days & times I wanted. In fact, I had numerous time choices on each day to choose from. 4 people in our party[/QUOTE

Great news, my window opens tonight for our July 5 arrival.

Glad you had success, have fun on your trip, what resort are you going to?

Update: I got up at 5am and made our FP+ choices. I did not need A & E so I didn't look for that. I did get 7DMR with no problems for both of our MK days. I got all the major rides in all the parks. Made my choices early so that maybe I can get a second tier 1 ride. We took TT at Epcot and plan to ride Soarin at rope drop standby. Did the same for HS. Going to ride RNR standby and got FP for TOT. I was very happy with our picks and it only took about 20 min to do 6 days. It was very easy.

Now how fast can 60 days pass? I can't wait.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter