• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How hard is it to get FoP FPs?

Every single time was available for our party of four for FOP at 60+4. I was surprised!
Zero FP available any time all day for SDD at 60+2.
Zero FP available any time all day for SDMT at 60.

My wife and I just booked to go back for the last week of February. FP+ booking opens next Thursday, so I'll report back...hopefully without disappointing news.

Because sometimes refresh works and sometimes it doesn’t. I was never able to get FoP to come up for a party of 2 in July (and believe, we tried). But we had tremendous success with the strategy for virtually everything else.

We did ride it 3 times. Once at rope drop, once at park closing and once with a FP I booked when they released a new batch when park hours extended about 3 weeks in advance.

This was my experience as well. I refreshed the hell out of my MDE, but never got FOP or NRJ to show up, though I was able to get everything else. We also rode FOP once at RD, once on a prebooked FP (60+5), and once at end of night. Party of three Jersey Week.

We were able to get many other things at all the parks, but not 7DMT, Test Track, or SDD. I think we got literally everything else - all the mountains at MK, FEA, Soarin, everything at AK, just not those headliners. Fortunately, we were able to ride everything we wanted through a combination of RD, booked FP, end of night rides, and refresh.

I think the key is to remember that there are multiple ways to get FP, and that FP is not the only way to ride with a reasonable wait. Use multiple strategies, and you can probably find something that works for you.

We arrive on site June 1st. I would really really like to book FOP for June 4th and preferably for 9-10am or at least before our 10:45am Tusker House reservation. There are four of us who will need fast passes but we will have a one year old with us so in theory could just book three fast passes and use rider swap. I’m curious how likely people will think this will be available. If we had to ride later in the day,we could, but it’s our only AK day, so we really need the fast passes for that day. We always rope drop but can’t handle rope dropping to the MOST popular rides with three kids and a stroller. (We’ve tried, it doesn’t work.). I’d rather skip the attraction than wait 1hr+.

for a party of 3, there was nothing at my 60 day mark at 7am. We're actually a party of 5, but 2 didnt have tickets at the 60 day mark. We thought we'd try and scoop them up and then add them if possible, but now it really doesn't matter since we couldn't get them at all, so we're going to rope drop and hope for the best. This was for 1/5 that we were specifically looking for them.

My booking window just opened today for the weekend of the Princess Half Marathon and there were plenty for 60+3 for 2. Good luck!

I logged in at 7am at the 60 day mark and there were FoP FPs available for all seven days of my president’s week trip.
That was for a party of 2.
My booking window just opened today for the weekend of the Princess Half Marathon and there were plenty for 60+3 for 2. Good luck!

It sounds like if you're a party of 2 that might make it easier for the FoP FP.

I just checked out of curiousity and there's nothing available till Feb 22nd and those are evening ones. On the 23rd, there are some good ones left in the afternoon and evening for 2.

https://touringplans.com/animal-kingdom/fastpass-availability/date/2019-02-23

It sounds like if you're a party of 2 that might make it easier for the FoP FP.

I just checked out of curiousity and there's nothing available till Feb 22nd and those are evening ones. On the 23rd, there are some good ones left in the afternoon and evening for 2.

https://touringplans.com/animal-kingdom/fastpass-availability/date/2019-02-23
Today is 12/23 ... so the window opened today for 2/21. I bet there would have been availability if you had checked at 7 am.

Today is 12/23 ... so the window opened today for 2/21. I bet there would have been availability if you had checked at 7 am.

@LaurenT you just never know! That is one popular ride. You are absolutely right though. I'm sure it would have looked much different if I would have checked at 7am this morning. Which would have been 6am for me! :eek:

Our FP day is Friday and I'm trying to strategize this as well. Our AK day is 60+3. I doubt we will RD because we are at MK DAH the night before and it is Day 5 of vacation so we'll be tired. If I don't see any FP for 4 right at 7:00AM do I just nab Na'vi if available or do I try again for FP for 2 x 2?

For early February for the two of us...
60+5 got SDD
60+4 got FOP
60+3 SSMT
those are the ones I really wanted, we really will spend most time in Epcot for Festival of the Arts.:)

We were able to get FOP 64 days out (fourth park day of a ten day trip, from Oct. 30-Nov. 8). Technically, 65 days out, because we didn`t go to the parks on our arrival day.

In order to experience the full queue, we also got in line just before closing time, and that took about 45-50 minutes.

As for Nav`i River Journey, we got a short wait (10 minutes, I think) during an EMH morning, and we weren`t in line before park opening.

I got FOP, booking it for 60+1. MDE was glitchy and didn't stop flashing the Olaf screen with every mouse click until 7:10, so I'm not sure if I would have gotten it on the first day. I just logged in again and they still had times available if I wanted to modify. We're going 2/25-3/1, which is supposed to be a slow week.

I got FOP, booking it for 60+1. MDE was glitchy and didn't stop flashing the Olaf screen with every mouse click until 7:10, so I'm not sure if I would have gotten it on the first day. I just logged in again and they still had times available if I wanted to modify. We're going 2/25-3/1, which is supposed to be a slow week.

We are there 2/25-3/2. My TA got FOP midafternoon 60+2 for 3 and SDD for 60+5. She is terrific and I am so glad not to have to do this myself. After 17 visits, happy to turn the heavy lifting over to someone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter