How has 50's Prime Time Cafe been lately?

smallworldnh

DIS Veteran
Does the staff still act like moms and dads? The "mom" and "little brother" during the one and only time I've been there many years ago were so funny and made the meal very enjoyable!

The last time 2 times I was there (11/2019 and 4/2021) there wasn't as much interaction with the cast members as in the past. My friends and family enjoy the antics there, as much as the food, so we were a bit disappointed.

The last time 2 times I was there (11/2019 and 4/2021) there wasn't as much interaction with the cast members as in the past. My friends and family enjoy the antics there, as much as the food, so we were a bit disappointed.
That's too bad! We enjoyed the interaction so much!

When we visited in February we had an excellent Auntie who was very interactive. The kids loved mom getting yelled at continually for putting her elbows on the table. She also tried to steal my phone when I was checking ride times, LOL! I really think it depends on who your server is, its always seemed pretty hit or miss.

We went in early June and our server was great. She was so funny, made us all laugh. DH even got a "I cleaned my plate" sticker.

When we were there in April our server was great but didn't do he antics. I think though that it was because the table next to us had some extremely rambunctious kids that were all over the place and yelling.

We were there in Dec 2020 and I dont think we will go again (maybe to the lounge to grab a peanut butter and jelly shake). Extremely minimal interaction and the food was horrible. We felt it was a waste of time and money. We had been before but many , many years back and had enjoyed it

We were there in Dec 2020 and I dont think we will go again (maybe to the lounge to grab a peanut butter and jelly shake). Extremely minimal interaction and the food was horrible. We felt it was a waste of time and money. We had been before but many , many years back and had enjoyed it

Hopefully this will change, but when I was there in late August/early September, the lounge was serving drinks only - no shakes could be ordered (because I did ask)

Depends which server you get which is unfortunate for me since I will go pay for fun for the kids, and I don’t really even like their food!

My next question was about the food!!
We have never really LOVED the food here. We have always gone for the FUN and antics. Last time we were there, we got the run around for using our Dining Plan credits for our adult kids who joined us for the day. We knew our rights, we are allowed to use our credits how we saw fit, but we still got a hard time from this restaurant. We won't go back.

My question is can you request a server with or without the antics while waiting for your table? I wonder if the host would know where to seat you if you did.

Yeah there are some places we go just because it’s fun for the kids lol. The food is ok but not one of my favorites at Disney. Then I pick some better places for adults to eat to mix it up a bit!

My next question was about the food!!
We have always thought the food was really good. We never walked away disappointed with it.
My question is can you request a server with or without the antics while waiting for your table? I wonder if the host would know where to seat you if you did.
They will still seat you in the same area. All you need to do is let them know you would prefer things to be toned down and they will do that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter