How has TSM RD been lately?

Rangers67

Mouseketeer
I was hoping that FP would open up for this coming Monday but am now thinking I need to plan for RD instead. How crazy has it been since they went down to 1 track? What time would we need to arrive to be toward the front of the pack?

easyWDW did a post on May 3rd called 'Spending the entire day at DHS' that included this question. Their recommendation is (and until Toy Story Land opens) currently to arrive at the tap lines by 8:10am. (i.e. you have already made your way to security, gone through security and moved to the tap station lines. I normally allow about 15-20 mins after leaving car/bus to do these steps just in case it's busier than I anticipate). By 8:25 all lines were already backed up past the covered area and heading towards security so by then you're going to wait longer

Another tip, when you follow the CMs walking towards TSM, go through the WIDE archway on the right where the DHS sign is near The Little Mermaid, not the narrow arch on the left. This will make a big difference.

Hope this helps.

Nuts. On a low crowd day it was 95 minutes in a very short period of time. My DD went on RNR 3 times in less than 45 mins while half the park was at TSM. If you want to RD it get to DHS early (8:10 like pps said) and walk fast.

I checked yesterday for an example. The posted wait was 95 minutes only fifteen minutes after the park opened. The posted wait was 25 minutes about an hour before the park closed. As with many of the headliners, the first thing in the morning is the busiest time of the day for this attraction.

Thanks everyone. Was planning to arrive at 8:00 and leave by early afternoon. However, I'd like to come back one evening for Fantasmic. Do you think we can catch Fantasmic and ride TSM without a long line in the evening.

Thanks everyone. Was planning to arrive at 8:00 and leave by early afternoon. However, I'd like to come back one evening for Fantasmic. Do you think we can catch Fantasmic and ride TSM without a long line in the evening.

Fast Passes are now available.

On May 20 FP is available and it is returning to 3 tracks, so that should ease up the rush at RD a bit.

Question -- when do we need to be out after the 8am breakfast at H&V, to have a chance for TSM (i.e., to move with the rope drop crowd)? Would 8:45 be enough? (We also want to sign up for JT before breakfast & one of kids also likes the characters -- so definitely keeping that ADR even if this means missing TSM.)

We didn't get to ride on our trip May 3-8 :( We were in the park 2:30- close on May the 4th star wars day, park was packed. Waits were around 90 most of the day. We really wanted to see Movie Magic and Star Wars fireworks so riding at closing wasn't an option for us. We were at peace with our decision and greatly enjoyed the fireworks and movie magic.

Were going June 21st and I don’t see any fast passes for TSMM. Are they not available or should I keep checking?

Were going June 21st and I don’t see any fast passes for TSMM. Are they not available or should I keep checking?
FPs are not yet available. The ride will be closed until the 18th, but FP may open up soon after.

We RDed TSMM on May 5th & 7th. We caught the bus at OKW just before 8AM both days. We were dropped off around 8:10 and through security by 8:15. We were 6-8 people back from the tapstiles on both mornings and in at least the second line of people at the RD.

We RDed TSMM on May 5th & 7th. We caught the bus at OKW just before 8AM both days. We were dropped off around 8:10 and through security by 8:15. We were 6-8 people back from the tapstiles on both mornings and in at least the second line of people at the RD.
How long was your wait in the line? Was there a lot of jockeying for position? Thanks!

How long was your wait in the line? Was there a lot of jockeying for position? Thanks!

There was definitely a lot of jockeying for position. My DD had to jump over 2 strollers that were trying to squeeze through the archway into the Animation Courtyard. On our first day we were within the top 12 people on the ride. On the second day we had some friends with us that slowed us down a little but we were still on in about 5 minutes.

There was definitely a lot of jockeying for position. My DD had to jump over 2 strollers that were trying to squeeze through the archway into the Animation Courtyard. On our first day we were within the top 12 people on the ride. On the second day we had some friends with us that slowed us down a little but we were still on in about 5 minutes.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter