How have the passenger numbers been lately?

My point was only that there is very little for teens and tweens to do, activities fill to capacity quickly and then the kids just roam around which is not ideal for anyone.
My 3 kids have always very much disliked all of the kids clubs. They've been on 6 DCL cruises so far.

How is kids "roaming around" an issue?

I get the specifically trained, but I hope all crew members on a Disney cruise have specific background checks to be cleared for working with children. Kids run around these ships unattended all the time and these CMs all live on them for months at a time. It would be very irresponsible of Disney to not have cleared all of their staff with the same background checks.
Im sure they all have background checks but just like in schools all teachers need background checks but those who teach kids under 5 or 6 years old need more background checks.

Does that include the number turned away due to testing? Was on that cruise and im curious to know what that number was.
That's the number our serving staff provided for who made it on the ship.

It felt lower though. Never waited in line for anything. Closest thing was the BBQ place at Quiet Cove was a madhouse so we went to cookies too and there was barely anyone there.

That's the number our serving staff provided for who made it on the ship.

It felt lower though. Never waited in line for anything. Closest thing was the BBQ place at Quiet Cove was a madhouse so we went to cookies too and there was barely anyone there.
I thought the pool deck was pretty crowded. Couldn’t imagine it was 2x the passengers!

for 12/26 Fantasy....at times the ship seemed packed (pool deck area), but don't know the numbers. At CC, suggest you arrive early enough to get a good spot as the spacing of the chairs also limits the number of chairs.

Just reported that the dream cruise leaving today, 1/14/22, has around 1300 guests onboard. Was supposed to be 1500, but 200 cancelled yesterday.
Our servers told us during our Nov 27 cruise that approximately 200 guests cancel last minute from every cruise. Part of that 200 is still at home and decide to not cruise. The other part of the 200 is the group of people that test positive at the port.

Our servers told us during our Nov 27 cruise that approximately 200 guests cancel last minute from every cruise. Part of that 200 is still at home and decide to not cruise. The other part of the 200 is the group of people that test positive at the port.

On our 8 night on the fantasy in October, 400 guests cancelled at the last minute. We only had 1080 guests on that cruise.

Fantasy from 1/8 -1/15 I asked 3 people because I have seen different reports from people on the same ship and they often were different. So I got 1300, 1200, and 1400. I don’t think they know. Wish I could remember each department’s answers were which. I asked stateroom host, food service and I forgot who else.

What I don’t get about the whole team clubs being closed because CMs are quarantined Is how they can’t find any other staff, or move people about to cover. I mean we’re talking about the teen clubs - you just need one or two people there to check kids in. Other than that they can be on their own. I get not having planned group activity, but at least open up the facilities to have them meet up and hang out. Heck Couldn’t even the cruise director jump in for an afternoon or evening and play door bouncer and “babysit” the teens? It doesn’t make sense. Doesn’t five also have the outdoor area for the teens? I mean they could just opened it up for them like any other area of the ship.
I totally agree with you. If they cannot offer the entire "disney cruise" experience, they should be deeply discounted or not running at all. These trips are really expensive for my family, and if the experience was going to be no different than hanging out at home watching TV or staying in a hotel, I would rather know up front. I get it, it is COVID, but this is not a surprise! They should be well prepared, and know what they can reasonably offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter