How have you lost weight?

Good luck with doing that!

I have been running in the mornings to lose weight. It's worked in the past, but I'm kinda getting back into it. At one point I was running half marathons and starting to train for the full, but I had a few injuries and a kid, then life caught up to me. I try to eat less more than not eating the foods that I like, but some meals just aren't worth the calories. I can't speak for everyone, since everyone loses weight in different ways, but I know that starving yourself will only end up in failure.

Don't get upset if you don't see the pounds falling off at first. That is a big mistake that a lot of people make. Find your motivation and just what works for you.

I need to lose about 35 by the time we go back to Disney in June. We will see what is happening by then.

Eating habits I can stick with long term and rigorous movement for 30-60 minutes each day.

80% of weight loss is determined by what we eat. However, I don't recommend self deprivation -- it's just not sustainable. Hence why so many people yo-yo diet for the majority of their lives. I allow myself to eat things that aren't healthy every once in awhile and in moderation. If I eat 21 meals in a week, I allow myself 3ish meals to be whatever the heck I want. That leaves 18 meals that are well-balanced and healthy (and I choose healthy stuff I truly enjoy). For my activity, I will either walk/run on the treadmill or lift weights 5 days per week, usually alternating days between running and lifting to give my muscles time to rest between lifts.

The biggest thing about losing weight is shifting your mindset. If we want to permanently keep the weight off, we have to put ourselves in situations that we can permanently sustain, hence why I don't completely deprive myself of pizza or ice cream. It's just not going to work. I love them too much to get rid of them, so I found balance. I can eat that pizza and ice cream, just not every day. I can have waffles and syrup, just not all of the time. If you can find meals that are healthy and cover your daily protein, fats, and carbs, then I think you are well on your way.

The biggest motivating factor for sticking with my current eating habits and workout style is that I get results, and that's all that matters. I used to be overweight in high school and college. I ate too much and everything I was eating just wasn't good for me. Then I found a way for me to enjoy the food I love with better moderation and fill out the rest of my eating habits with good, healthy foods that fill me up and taste great to me. Once I started seeing results, I knew I could stick with it because my eating never felt like deprivation.

Find what works for you and make sure that whatever you are doing to get results that you can sustain your efforts in the long term so the weight loss is permanent.

Good luck!

I’m looking to drop 25 in 3 months.
I’ll race you. I’m going to keto it for 5 days. It really works. Did it before. Then HIIT all the way. I am ripped before every trip- especially cruises, but I can also really let myself go. Did you know they make a nutter butter double stuf now? Sucks. I’m about 25 over fat and about 10 under muscle mass. But we can do it. Your goal is totally reasonable. Check out some HIIT workouts on youtube. Ready steady go.

I just started a new diet in January. I am using the Vida health app, since it is sponsored through my work. It provide food and activity monitoring, but also provide a health coach to talk you through progress. We meet for 30 minutes once a week. I don't know if it is my motivation, or being held accountable each week, but it is working. I have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks. Looking to drop another 10 before my trip in a month. I have been strictly counting calories and increased my workouts.

I diet about 3 months before our trip every year. Keto has been amazing to me. I'm down 20lbs since January 18th. That's from just eating better. If I exercised I'm sure it'd be a lot more. Good luck to you!

I recommend the Mediterranean diet to my patients. They also do well with intermittent fasting focusing on eating meals between 11-6. Another recommendation, the noom app and From Couch to 5K. They both have been very successful for many as well. I believe accountability is great for motivation if only for 3 months to get you into the swing of things. Good Luck:)!

I’m on a journey now to lose weight. I plan to be down a couple of pants sizes by May. I’m doing low carb for the most part, omitting starches and sugary foods. I eat mostly meat and veggies. I’ve lost 6 lbs since last week though I’m sure much of that is water weight.

I think 25 pounds in 3 months is pretty optomistic, and you might be setting yourself up for failure.
You can get rapid weight loss, but that is not recommended, and people seem to just gain it right back.
I have lost 30 pounds, but it took me a year to do it. It was hard to do because I love to eat, especially desserts, LOL.

I just changed my eating habits to something I Know I will stick to.
I have skim milk and cereal for breakfast. Lunch is always an apple sliced, some grapes, a few slices of cheese, and a few crackers. That's it, except if we are out to eat, of course.
At supper, I eat what I want, but smaller amounts. I like feeling I can actually eat what I want at supper. It helps me keep on my diet. I also don't stop eating cookies, or goodies. I just eat a couple now and then, and I don't feel deprived or obsess over them.

It works for me, and I've tried all the diets. Now it is a life style and I've kept it off for 2 years:) You just have to find what works for you, what you can tolerate doing and know that you will stick to it. I would allow myself a treat now and then just to make it easier to stick to. Good Luck:)

We went to Hawaii for anniversary in 2019... I lost over 30 pounds in about 3 months by eliminating bread, mostly, and making it a point to get at least 30 minutes of exercise.
I used to be a gym-rat, but I can no longer stand to be there, time is so scarce. You'd be surprised that you can eat a McDonald's cheeseburger, and toss the bun, and still enjoy it.

Word of warning... it's easy to fail at this and gain it all back, and more. You have to change habits, which is why low carb diets often fail. Eventually, people want to eat bread and noodles again.
If you need to shed weight fast, low carb will do it, but you absolutely have to get into a habit of eating less calories than you burn for the long haul, and then eat to maintain. Good luck!

I've talked to my doctor about this, and he says try to lose 1-2 pounds a week. He said 1-2 pounds per week is the best way to keep the weight off once you get to your total loss goal. I've used my fitness pal before, and when I logged everything that I ate, I found that I was able to drop weight easily within the framework of his directions. Good luck!

I started Optavia last September. I’ve lost about 40#. I walk 3-4x a week and do allow myself cheat days. It’s the only program that’s worked for me on a long term basis.

Last edited:
Since last May I used Optavia which relies on protein powder snacks and making your own protein and vegetable dishes. I lost 20 in two months then slowly down 1-2 lbs a month since I loosened up. That all stopped when I went to WDW last month. Trying to get back to pre-trip weight (just a few lbs) but we are having a lot of social gatherings these days and I have been doing a lot of whatever days.
Mainly watch the intake more than the exercise for weight loss. But exercise is good for long term health.
I like the Lose It app and I have my Fit Index scale. Health became really important to me and was my main goal. I am mainly plant based for most meals.
For long term I am committed to eat less refined flour and sugar and cooking at home. Except when on vacations. Lol.

Last edited:
I follow WW and have lost 130 pounds just by changing my eating habits. I eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean protein, low fat dairy, multigrain bread, etc. I try to keep to one snack (other than fruit) a day. I watch my portion sizes and haven't eliminated anything entirely from my diet so I don't feel deprived. It's amazing how portion sizes can quickly get out of control when you don't weigh and measure things. Watch how much you eat of anything that has added sugar or saturated / trans fats. Keep well hydrated. Good luck!

Yes. I drink psyllium husk with my breakfast. I feel very clean and don’t have stomach issues. Read the directions. You need a lot of water with it. But sleeping well, drinking a lot of water in general helps tremendously.

I lost 25lbs in about 6 months the following the weight watchers (WW) online program. It’s so so easy and just fits into your life without being too restrictive. I will follow the maintenance part of the program probably forever.

During lockdown I started following a fitness channel on YouTube-Heather Robinson. She has a 12 week program and it’s free and amazing. I started with that and now do 4 days of HITT weight/cardio videos with her each week (also free) and walk at least 2 miles each day. I have never been in better shape in my life and I feel amazing.

I’ve been doing low carb and partial keto(I allow myself more veggie carbs) since Feb. I’ve lost 24 lbs since just by doing that. I also bought a portable elliptical from Walmart for around $30 that also helps

It’s official - I have legitimately lost 30lbs. The heaviest that I weighed myself I was 255. This morning I am to 222. I have been pretty steadily around 222 to 233 or 224.

I would happily share the detail here if anyone is interested in hearing how I did it. My overall health improvement in just a couple of months Has been amazing. I feel so freaking good.

We are supposed to be going to the shore for a week next month. I’m not really sure if that’s gonna happen at this moment, but I am praying that we do. My goal is to be at 215 pounds by then. I’ve got this by the balls.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter