How I got Space 220 reservations!!

So excited! I just got Space 220 dinner for our May trip. I tried in November, but no dice. I signed up for Touring Plans finder then, but it didn't come through. I don't think I even got notified. I tried getting an ADR again for this May trip, but nada. One came through TP tonight. I also got a better Jiko time for this trip that way. I get texts from Touring Plans. I don't know if it's free or not, since I have a subscription. I think I will end up having to pay for the other dining finders though for our Disneyland trip. I really hate to do it, but we don't go out there often. I start booking those tomorrow:scared1:
I signed up for Touring Plans after missing out on some reservations for our trip next month too. Worked out for us for Jiko - managed to get a reservation at a great time on our first night, rather than on the second night after already having done the Savor the Savannah tour.

No luck getting Space 220 so far though. For some reason on the day we're going to EPCOT, 5/5, Space 220 doesn't seem to be open in the evening, which will of course reduce the chances of getting a lunch reservation as well. I have two weeks to go, but at this point I'm planning to just park myself in the standby/walk-up line as soon as the park opens and hope for the best.

Thanks. That's great to hear that it sounds like I might be in luck. I'm more interested in the restaurant reservation.

Yes I do understand there will be a difference of opinion on that. There is profit being made though - over a short while reservations have been moving from completely free, to now its $5, now $9, another site or FB group now $20, and that's per subscription. I just think Disney should keep this free by adding a waitlist or hold/release on cancelled reservations. Again just my opinion, I understand others will disagree.
I think most people don’t check their emails regularly for the free version, so that’s why I was willing to pay for text messages. I’m coming from Hawaii so it’s not like we’re going to WDW all the time so I’m willing to pay a little bit to make sure I can get some reservations that I really want.

I think most people don’t check their emails regularly for the free version, so that’s why I was willing to pay for text messages. I’m coming from Hawaii so it’s not like we’re going to WDW all the time so I’m willing to pay a little bit to make sure I can get some reservations that I really want.
I started with the free service, but there weren't many hits (this was closer to 60 days anyway) and it's hard to keep your email available all the time, so I added the paid service. I've been able to fix our Chef Mickey's after a few tries (we had an 8:15 res since it was the only available, but wanted earlier) but I haven't gotten any messages about openings at Space in over a month... for lounge or restaurant. Our trip is only a few weeks away, so I'm hoping some cancellations will show up....

I had to go all the way to 60 + 10 to get a single reservation at Space 220 lounge in June. The reservation for the restaurant still has quite a few spots open from June 25th and beyond.

I don't really see how it is equivalent to ticket scalping. The fact is that is that in order to check for those reservations constantly, they need to program bots to do it for them. This requires computer and Internet resources. Then there is the additional cost of sending out all the text messages. I don't mind if they end up trying to pass some of that cost onto the people they're doing it for. I do understand why somebody might decide they don't want to spend the extra few dollars for the service, but I don't think it's ticket scalping. They are not actually reserving the spot themselves and then selling it to for a premium price. Or at least not yet.
That's great you were able to get a reservation! I have a party of 6 so I'm thinking I need to book the restaurant. Hoping reservations for that large of a party are available during my stay in June. Couple more days and I can make my rezzie's, Fingers crossed . . .

Reservation finders certainly can help if you act fast when notified which isn’t always possible. We just went to Space 220 and it was a big $$$$ yawn. Low tech in my opinion and food not very good. We won’t be back. Sometimes you just have to find out for yourself.

Yeah I just can't do the paid fee. Arguably similar to ticket scalping and I just can't.

I'm going to try to book Space 220 in a few days. I want to book for 60+4 but if that doesn't work I can go up to 60+6. Does anyone know if that time frame usually has reservations open? (I'm okay with an off time, lol).

In the past I've signed up for many (free) reservation finders which worked well. I've also had success refreshing a few times at night and checking in the morning, especially closer to the trip.

I got the lounge for 2 on 10+6 when it was already an hour after my window rolled up, when I was just tweaking. I wasn’t looking for it, just random looking but when I saw it I was surprised and grabbed it for my son and his gf since they can just go grab a drink and an app to check it out and us others won’t care. This was for a Sunday in mid June.

Touring plans will text you just have to follow the directions of not entering the info on every line asked. In this case, you don’t enter an email also, only the phone number

This TIP from a CM worked for me two weeks ago:
Line up outside Space 220 around 9:30am or earlier.
The doors open around 10:30am and they have a bunch of reservations for you to pick from.
I only looked at restaurant dining so I don't know if Lounge was available.
A couple ahead of me only wanted bar seating and they let them in immediately.
I'd love to hear how other people made out using this tip.

This TIP from a CM worked for me two weeks ago:
Line up outside Space 220 around 9:30am or earlier.
The doors open around 10:30am and they have a bunch of reservations for you to pick from.
I only looked at restaurant dining so I don't know if Lounge was available.
A couple ahead of me only wanted bar seating and they let them in immediately.
I'd love to hear how other people made out using this tip.
Space doesn't fully book with reservations. Unless something has changed plenty of availability if you get to the podium around 10a

I feel like I got really lucky to get one at 60+4 - it's not a super good time though (2:50pm) so I am trying the TP reservation finder to try to get a better one.

Will have a party of definitely 11 possibly 13 - I know we will have to split up tables but will a service be able to help me find a time for that many?

Enjoy it but keep your expectations low. I was unfortunately not impressed with Space 220.

Yeah even though it didn't meet my expectations, I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving it a try. I think it's worth a visit once to see what you think, and what all the buzz is about. Who knows, it might be amazing. And if you keep your expectations low, you'll hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

if You have never been here before and are just going because it’s new or Think the concept is special than please try for the lounge instead of the restaurant.
This is a one and done experience. Food is definitely not worth the money and even the atmosphere is not much after you have been there for a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter