How I spent the $$$

bavaria

<font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds
First, sorry it took awhile to post after my trip! Second thank you to all for your ideas on spending a little money on myself.

Some background: after many many visits every few months for 6-7 yrs I had not been to WDW since early '02 and went in Jan for a week to recover after an accident which left me feeling a little older (can still get around but have a lot of upper body injuries)

Well, sometimes things go wrong, and without giving detail on day one a well-meaning cast member caused me great pain and I spent two days in a fog and the rest of the time in a little less of a fog!

Since I really couldn't get to enjoy the rides much I cxled my hotel, moved on site, parked the rental car, and spent the time having nice meals, wandering around, lying down, wandering some more, etc!!! (And sometimes this is the way to do things - no rushing around, having to get onto everything and see everything)

The highlights:
- tea at the Grand Floridian - thanks for the idea - it was a great way to feel better, and very good quality!
- great meals at Norway (as always), Yacht Club, Kona Kafe, Wilderness Lodge, Wolfgang Puck
- some great service at a variety of locations
- I became a fan of CBR after years of not staying there - wow what a difference a renovation can make!!!
- being the only person on boats many many times
- having time to chat with people instead of racing around

The lacklustre:
- didn't use the Spa at Disney Institute- went to check it out and frankly they were really indifferent and I didn't want to spend time where someone couldn't be bothered to greet me although I was the only person around
- disappointing meal at Rose and Crown
- still some cast members around who have poor attitudes or seem to think that guests are out to get them

So, it wasn't the trip that I had planned, but it was overall still relaxing (or what I remember of it!) Disney is not the place to be ill (but vacation is not the time to be ill) and it could have been worse...

So thanks again all for the ideas!
:D

Originally posted by bavaria
(And sometimes this is the way to do things - no rushing around, having to get onto everything and see everything):D

I'm sorry to hear that your trip didn't go as planned, but I hope this doesn't keep you from Disney in the future.

i have to agree with you on this one. The last trip I took was a blast and I crammed a lot in, but I took two days to slow down and relax and I loved it. My next trip down will be a "No Rushing" trip just like this one was for you. And thanks for telling us about your trip.

Steven

I am so glad you tried the high tea at Grand Floridian/ Did you eat at Boma's? Breakfast or dinner?

I would love for you to PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter