How important is a DreamWorks for 7 & 6 yo who have only done DCL

mickeyhereicome

Mouseketeer
My boys will be 7 and 6 next Feb when we would like to take a cruise with RCCL. They love love love the kids club on DCL. The themes, slides, classes. However, the only option on DCL that we haven't done is the Eastern Caribbean and I would like one with more port stops, especially comparing the prices.

So how important is a DreamWorks cruise? From what I read, they can meet characters from the popular movies, but what else? Are DreamWorks cruises the only ones that show kids movies or do the other ships as well? Is DreamWorks tied into anything else, like the shows and clubs? I am comparing a cruise on the Allure of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas. I know Allure is newer and bigger, but I have to do more research to see what else makes them different. Any help would be great.

The Dreamworks stuff is more like an add-on. We didn't miss it at all on Vision, after having a Dreamworks cruise on Freedom.

Guess that depends on your kids. However, the fact that you are coming from DCL and with your kids ages, I would personally select an RCL ship with DreamWorks. We booked our first trip with it so am only reporting on what I've seen in videos and through research but there are DreamWorks parades and shows, meet and greets (on the spot locations and character breakfast for a small charge), ice shows (e.g. Allure has How to Train your Dragon), 3D movies, etc. Great for kids. Having said that, I've heard that RCL kids club is fantastic...very organized and age appropriate. So if you select a ship without it for the itinerary, then you'll also have a great time.

I do not think that it is that important. My kids had a blast on RCI even without Dreamworks. I think choosing a ship with extras. is more important than Dreamworks. I saw some great Eastern itineraries on the Freedom which is a great ship.

I do not think that it is that important. My kids had a blast on RCI even without Dreamworks. I think choosing a ship with extras. is more important than Dreamworks. I saw some great Eastern itineraries on the Freedom which is a great ship.

Keep in mind, the Freedom is a Dreamworks ship.

As you can see by my signature, we're taking our six-year-old DGD on a Dreamworks cruise on the Freedom. We have the breakfast reserved for the last full day of our cruise. And there is a Dreamworks character parade. I think that's also the last full day. There are character meetings throughout the cruise.

I do have a question about the breakfast. When will we know what characters will be there. I don't want to tell my DGD that she'll see Puss-n-Boots or the Penguins, and then they aren't there.

We just did a cruise on the Oasis with my two boys (7 and 4) and they loved it. I have been on a few of Royal Caribbean cruises and what i would say is that the Dreamworks by itself is not critical, however the ships with Dreamworks are the ships that are more aimed at young children. If you compare the Jewel to the Allure, you will find a world of differences, some that will not matter unless you have a tall 7 year old, but some will matter. A couple of the big ones are the splash park and the boardwalk (with daily family festivals), both of which are missing on the Jewel. The Allure also has 2 flow riders and a zip line, although a 7 year old may not be able to participate in either (they are height and weight dependent).

We went on the Allure and even my 10 year old LOVED the DreamWorks parade. We also did the breakfast. I found that this ship was very Pro-kid. Lots of things for them to do. We really enjoyed our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter