How important is Alcohol?

I've only ever been interested moderately and now that I'm older, I'm hardly interested at all. I only will imbibe now when I go out to a restaurant which is rare these days and then I may have one or possibly two cocktails. I think during the pandemic when stuff was closed down and we stopped going out more regularly which was only maybe once a month, I just got away from drinking for the most part. I've got bottles of liquor in my closet that have been sitting there for a few years. Now I plan on having a few drinks while on my WDW trip but that doesn't mean that I actually will. I just don't tolerate it very well anymore.

I like drinking. I try to finish my Disney races with a beer in my hand, and choose local races based on who gives out beer afterwards. My husband is 20 years sober. So it works out great - I get to drink and always have a DD!

Mildly important. I've found that I enjoy the taste of a good whiskey. However I rarely drink outside of home as most of what I have on the shelf at home is better than the selection at most bars, and my work requires driving and the penalties related to drinking and driving are quite severe.

I am not opposed to drinking, but I like soda better and it's much cheaper. I have maybe 1 drink a year. I don't have a desire to get drunk or even tipsy - just never saw the appeal. My roommate likes the craft beers & it's definitely an expense for her. Last time at Universal we both got a Shark Attack - mine was virgin, and while smaller it only cost about 1/3 as much, came with the same theatrics, & tasted better (to me).

I love coming to the US because of the huge varieties of cocktails - not really a thing in Australia and when you do get one it is massively expensive.

Our eldest just turned 18 which means she can now drink - both my husband and I have cut down on our drinking (a) to set a good outlook for all 3 of our kids, aged 18, 16 and 13 plus (b) one of us needs to be sober st all times to make sure we have a driver should the 18yo need a lift home. We’ve told her there is no Uber only K-Uber or T-Uber which are our initials.

I’ve never been a heavy drinker, only 1-2 drinks when going to a restaurant (my Mum is teetotal so I think that’s why I don’t drink much). My husband was going to our local pub once a week to catch up with his mates where he’d have 5-6 beers but this has all but stopped.

I can take it or leave it. I used to drink about twice per year, during our annual girls beach trip and then usually one or two more times.. Now I drink a little more often, but only one and then I can go weeks without anything.

We like to try new wines and dh always wants to try local breweries when we travel. I'd say we typically go to wine tastings or wine dinners at least once a month. I think it's fun to try new cocktails especially if they're sweet and pretty. I found a holiday cocktail recipe book and we've been able to make a few every weekend since early November. Some call for unusual cordials or liquors that we don't have on hand so that can be challenging yet we've stumbled (pun intended) into some great new finds. My faves so far as Merry Mistletoe Martini and The Grinch.

Good libations are as important as good food to me. Quality trumps quantity
unless I’m counting cows in Appenzell…..oh very young what will you leave me this time.

Same here can take it or leave it no big deal. Having a mixed drink when out at a restaurant makes sense to me since you don't need to store multiple seldom used ingredients at home. Wine is far easier to have at home and many brands now make resealable containers where the wine keeps for more than 2 days once you open it.

At restaurants, I start feeling the need to order drinks if we’re sticking around longer to watch a game or are spending a while socializing over our meal.

We’ve only cruised on Royal Caribbean, but we drank quite a bit on our last cruise. We had the drink package, so that was part of it. It wasn’t so much about pressure to get my money’s worth. It was more about being able to drink and not having to worry about driving home as well as having all kinds of food available if we got the drinking munchies. I’m also not a huge fan of cruising, so it made it more tolerable. Novelty drinking like the Bionic Bar and Wonderland added to the fun.

Not important to me at all as I don’t drink. I never acquired a taste for alcohol. I have tried a taste maybe three times in my life, and :crazy2: . I don’t even like food prepared with alcohol, especially beer or wine.

Have you tried “Athletic”? Pretty good for an N/A, 25 calories and 5g carbs(the Lite version) -if we‘re going to a party or the beach I’ll pack a few to mix in with the real stuff over the course of a day.
I have and they are ok. Brooklyn and Brewdog have the best N/A beers I've tried. The latter have a subscription box that is great and their dry January pack is always unique.

Not at all important for me. In my younger days if we were going out we were most likely drinking but even then for the most part I was a modest drinker. Addiction runs rampant in my family and at about 22-23ish I noticed I was having a cocktail after work every night to relax. Not getting drunk, a single drink but I just decided that was probably not a good idea given family history. As time has gone on I just don’t think about it. If we go out I may or may not have a Mojito. I have a bottle of rum in the cabinet that I made myself and my sister in a law a spiked eggnog with last year that I haven’t touched since. Was supposed to have a drink with DD in Disney week before last but we never got around to it. It’s just not something I think about at all. On the flip DH always has beer in the house and has a beer or two about 80% of the time when we go out.

Work wise, pretty important as I work for a DUI school, lol.
Personally, I rarely drink anything alcoholic. Grew up with not one, but two deadbeat alcoholic step fathers & an alcoholic older brother who did not get along with either of the stepfathers so life was pretty intense growing up. Mom became what is called a functioning alcoholic during those years.
I do try a sip or two of mixed drinks occasionally when I am out but much prefer Coke Zero.

I wanted to add that as an adult full out of my party days (so late 20s/early 30s) I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone question why I wasn’t drinking or have felt pressure to have a drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter