How is anybody able to find...

I was in Target after going to the Celine Dion concert. It was around 10:35. This Target closed at midnight. They were just starting to put out the stock for the next day. I was able to snag disinfecting wipes & TP then. So, instead of early in the morning, try just before your Target closes.

I was in Target after going to the Celine Dion concert. It was around 10:35. This Target closed at midnight. They were just starting to put out the stock for the next day. I was able to snag disinfecting wipes & TP then. So, instead of early in the morning, try just before your Target closes.
Lucky you. Lucky you that you got your household items AND got to see Celine Dion in concert!!

If you have a restaurant supply store in your area, try going there. You have to buy in bulk of course, but needs must. My cousin is the bar chairman at the local VFW, so we knew about Restaurant Depot. She went there and came back with a bulk pack of those big rolls of toilet paper that go into the holders in bathroom stalls. They're a bit unwieldy to use at home, but we're set for the foreseeable future.

Another shopping tip: I was having trouble getting hand soap on Amazon, but I checked Target tonight and was able to grab a few different kinds. I will keep my refill subscribe and save order with Amazon, but glad to know I have some coming next week. We are running low.

I also went on Etsy and bought masks for me, my husband and daughter. Now that the CDC recommends wearing something I want to have them in case we have to go out. They were selling out fast, but I am sure many people will be selling them on Etsy regularly.

I've been looking at unconventional sources. For example, a friend and I were looking for some gloves since we have both used most of ours by this point (I truly wasn't expecting this to go on for this long so I didn't stock up on certain things like others did) and we couldn't find any--as soon as we put them in our online carts and went to check out they were disappearing, or the websites were letting us check out but they were backordered until May. So I widened my search beyond Amazon, Walmart, and Target and found us gloves at an auto parts store. And when I quit panicking and thought about things for a bit, I remembered that at my old job we used to order our supplies from a company called Quill, so I checked there and was able to order cleaning supplies, paper towels, and toilet paper.

... I haven’t been able to get any vinegar...
Amazon Pantry had large jugs of white vinegar (Heinz?) for a great price yesterday. Maybe it's still in stock?

The only thing I haven't been able to get is Lysol spray.
We spray our shoe bottoms before entering the house......if the little I have left runs out I guess we will use Clorox wipes.
Lysol spray is SO hard to find anywhere! When your wipes run out, pour the leftover liquid at the bottom of the container into a small spray bottle and use that to clean your shoes. It should help until Lysol spray comes off the endangered species list.

There was a concert held somewhere?

Sorry, about being unclear. This was a month ago, right after we found out there was only 2 confirmed cases here in NYC and we thought the CDC was on top of the number of cases, and we didn't know yet that there was such a thing as asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic cases. I just brought it up as a time frame to go check the stores, instead of getting up at the crack of dawn to get them.

I go the stores as soon as they open and do the rounds between Kroger, Meijer, Walmart, and Target. I've been able to get alcohol, Lysol, and Clorox Wipes. My friend's mom is going through chemo and, since I live the closest to the stores, it's been my mission to get as much as I can for her. Yesterday Walmart had a ton of rubber gloves. I still haven't seen any thermometers, hand sanitizer, or masks.

I'm not even bothering to attempt to get certain items anymore, such as hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes. We'll make do with soap and the half container of wipes we have left. If I'm lucky and happen to chance upon such items, sure, I'll buy them, but I'm not going to search all over the place for them.

Thanks for clarifying, Imzadi. That one month ago now seems like a lifetime ago with so many now ill. Amazing how fast this has progressed. Stay safe, Imzadi. :hug:'s

Yes, it seems like a lifetime ago. If this continues for another month, people will have to Google to find out what a concert was. :surfweb:

Thanks. You and your family stay safe too. :grouphug:

Yes, it seems like a lifetime ago. If this continues for another month, people will have to Google to find out what a concert was. :surfweb:

Thanks. You and your family stay safe too. :grouphug:

Speaking of concerts I just got my Visa bill of around $700 because I scored 6 tickets to go see Dierks bentley (in really good seats). I was giving them to my niece and her friends for her Bachelorette party. The concert is for July 10..........keeping my fingers crossed. :(

There was an expert in the field last night on the news that said that there is a major shortage of sanitizer available right now, because the testing/approval takes some time, and those restrictions are not being eased

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter