How is Cabanas Dining These Days?

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
With the current situation, how is Cabanas dining? Is it still the same buffet we remember?

Scaled down a bit but we didn't find it bad at all. You still walk up to stations but a CM will serve you...no self service. Your mileage may vary.

MJ

For some reason my son loves the pizza at Cabanas. Any chance someone has noticed if they still have that at lunch ?

Breakfast was limited. No omelettes (no pre made ones and no made to order). You have to go to which restaurant is open at breakfast to get an omelette. As mentioned,no dinner. Actually during our cruise only 2 restaurants are open each day. not enough guest or crew to have all open.

Breakfast was limited. No omelettes (no pre made ones and no made to order). You have to go to which restaurant is open at breakfast to get an omelette. As mentioned,no dinner. Actually during our cruise only 2 restaurants are open each day. not enough guest or crew to have all open.
But, rotational dining is still in place, right?

For some reason my son loves the pizza at Cabanas. Any chance someone has noticed if they still have that at lunch ?
No—my kids love it too so We had to get “second lunch” for them on the pool deck where they had pizza at the fast food counter.

Other than the shrimp and crab station, we didn't think much of Cabanas. We ate breakfast and lunch in the dining room (which was new for us). The selections are very limited (particularly if you are a vegetarian or have other dietary restrictions/preferences). The scrambled eggs were terrible - do not recommend.

Breakfast was limited. No omelettes (no pre made ones and no made to order). You have to go to which restaurant is open at breakfast to get an omelette.
That depends on the ship. As I mentioned in another thread ,on the Wonder you could order an omelet and they brought it up from TIANA's kitchen. Took a few extra minutes, but we got them.

That depends on the ship. As I mentioned in another thread ,on the Wonder you could order an omelet and they brought it up from TIANA's kitchen. Took a few extra minutes, but we got them.

good to know. It was the case on the Dream or the Fantasy when I cruised in September. Hoping it’s changed when we sail the end of February

I saw this in the other thread too. But to be honest, I don't think you can fairly say that those menu items are available at Cabanas if they aren't actually made in Cabanas and someone had to make a special trip to bring it to you. Yes we all know Disney CMs are fabulous and will often go out of their way to make the guest happy, but that kind of pixie dust experience is going to vary depending on how crowded the ship is, how short staffed there are (e.g., with quarantines) etc.

Edited to add: it also is not an option if you are eating in Cabanas before the MDR opens, and since Cabanas is usually open for breakfast about an hour before the MDRs, that means any early risers or people who need to eat early morning before an excursion wouldn't be able to get one, whereas they could in pre-Covid times.

Just got off the fantasy yesterday, we thought the cabanas food was limited and mainly just ate there for breakfast, but the quality was up for sure.

I saw this in the other thread too. But to be honest, I don't think you can fairly say that those menu items are available at Cabanas if they aren't actually made in Cabanas and someone had to make a special trip to bring it to you.
We walked in and asked, "Can we get an omlete?" and they walked over with an order pad and said " Sure, what do you want?" The pad and pen was right at the first station...to me that means they were available... We were not the only people getting them. Sorry we have to disagree on this one.....

We walked in and asked, "Can we get an omlete?" and they walked over with an order pad and said " Sure, what do you want?" The pad and pen was right at the first station...to me that means they were available... We were not the only people getting them. Sorry we have to disagree on this one.....
You can get an omelet but they don't have the regular omelet stations. They are made in the other breakfast restaurants and brought to you. Omelets are my fav. I just got back this weekend and after the first day or ordering one that way, I gave up because it took too long. Instead, I just went to Enchanted Garden - still delicious!

I sailed the Magic in late October and found the breakfast & lunch offerings at Cabanas to be so limited as to not be worth going. I have no dietary restrictions, but want a variety of choices when I go to a buffet. If you're satisfied with bare bones offerings, you'll find Cabanas fine, I suppose. The logistics are fine (hand washing, serving, tables, etc.), it's just the lack of choices that took away the appeal for me. There were no Mickey waffles or fried potatoes in the morning, for example, and no ethnic or highly flavored offerings at lunch at all- they used to always have something interesting at lunch but not in October.

Last edited:
I sailed the Magic in late October and found the breakfast & lunch offerings at Cabanas to be so limited as to not be worth going. I have no dietary restrictions, but want a variety of choices when I go to a buffet. If you're satisfied with bare bones offerings, you'll find Cabanas fine, I suppose. The logistics are fine (hand washing, serving, etc.), it's just the lack of choices that took away the appeal for me. There were no Mickey waffles or fried potatoes in the morning, for example, and no Asian or spicy offerings at lunch at all.
Again, just proves it varies ship to ship. Everything you wanted was served on the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter