• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is Epcot Flower and Garden this year? Planning to go two days next March.

kathy884

DIS Veteran
Hello, I would love to hear your thoughts and any tips for visiting Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival. How is it this year? Appreciate any tips too. I'm going to be going for two days next year (third week in March, so busy time, but usually great weather time) with my dad who is 85. Planning on our two days being a Monday and a Thursday, as I have heard it's a little less crowded during the week vs. weekend. We've both always wanted to going during that time and have never been during that festival. Thanks so much.

We happened to be at Disney in May, 2019 while that Flower/Garden exhibit was going on. There were various topiaries and floral displays around the park as I recall. Was also a temporary tent exhibit you could walk through that had butterflies flying around. Can't speak to how covid might have changed things, since we haven't been there since covid started. While it was enjoyable to see, not sure we would ever schedule a Disney trip just for that purpose.

The size of the crowds at the various parks varied from one day to the next. AK was wall to wall people, while Epcot wasn't as busy, but don't recall the specific day of the week that was. In your case, it probably also depends on how much Disney has lifted capacity restrictions a year from now. Not sure anyone can even guess on that topic at this time since likely Disney doesn't yet know.

I was there April 10 and vowed I'd try March next year, hoping for a bit cooler weather.

I'm an WDW vlogger addict so I had watched a ton of videos of youtube vloggers there on opening day especially, to get a feel for which booths and foods I wanted to try, see the year's merch, etc. That would be tip #1 is to look some of those up just to get a feel for the festival.

The topiaries are all over the place and fun to see. They start at the front entrance, with another set over by the Land and Imagination pavilions, some large ones on the entrance towards World Showcase, and then around in every country. Don't miss popping inside World ShowPlace for some AC time (with live entertainment and more food booths). They didn't have any merchandise booths inside this time, however.

There's always a scavenger hunt running, last few years its been Spike the Bee, and you get a prize. This year they started with plates but by the time I was there, they were out and had switched to travel mugs with orange bird, Figment, Spike, or Minnie on them. When I bought mine ($7.95) the CM asked if I'd like to just have my prize up front! It's fun to try and find him in all the different pavilions.

There is also a tiny hunt in the UK pavilion at the Twinings Tea shop that takes a few minutes and your prize is a couple of Twinings Tea options, including the cold brew ones you can just drop in your water bottle and enjoy.

I do carry a water bottle that keeps ice for days so I only have to refill the water and it stays frigid. I also like to bring my own reusable (not paper) straw and utensils to the festivals, as well as a lightweight & waterproof picnic "blanket" that packs into a tiny pouch in case I need to sit on the ground or wet grass, etc. Depending on how busy things are, this can come in handy. All of the above fit easily into my little (Loungefly sized) backpack.

Another tip: buy a gift card that you wear around your wrist. They make cute ones for each festival (mine had Figment on it this year). You can preload $$ and pay quickly without having to reach for your wallet each time.

Be sure and check out the Epcot Experience in the old Horizons building to see all the plans for the park that are in the works. (Plus, more AC). If you're sensing a theme here . . . always build in time to cool off and drink water.

Weekends are always busier and you should have a much nicer time on your Monday and Thursday. The hours right at park opening and the two hours before the park closes are always lighter crowds.

Hello, I would love to hear your thoughts and any tips for visiting Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival. How is it this year? Appreciate any tips too. I'm going to be going for two days next year (third week in March, so busy time, but usually great weather time) with my dad who is 85. Planning on our two days being a Monday and a Thursday, as I have heard it's a little less crowded during the week vs. weekend. We've both always wanted to going during that time and have never been during that festival. Thanks so much.
We were just there this past Friday and crowds were a little heavier but nothing horrible. If you've never been and want to sample a lot of food, check out the food booth menus before you go and do some research on what you may want to try out. The gift card wristlets are sold at the park and are super convenient for paying at the booths and also give you a set dollar amount if you want to stick to a budget....LOL, budget in WDW is always a funny term. We never had an issue finding a shady place to sit or stand to eat near a table. We hit the booths at park opening, then did a few non headliner rides and then returned in the evening to visit more booths and ride the more popular attractions. We rarely ever stay at Epcot a full day. As much as I love the food and seeing all the flowers/topiaries, it's just not a full day park for our family. So if you have someone who may need some downtime or if it happens to be a warmer day, you can take a break and relax and not feel like you are missing anything. March can be 55 degrees or 85, it's always a toss up but it's predominantly more mild temps and a great time to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter