How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

I sure do feel for all of you with kids and the ensuing boredom! Is it warm enough to play outside yet? Or I guess they have computers and video games. :D
When we were without power for 3.5 days in October I was AMAZED at how many kids are actually in our neighborhood. So many kids outside playing, riding bikes etc. My daughter asked me where all the kids were from. I guess when you don’t have computers, video games and TV kids actually go outside to play.

I work for a city government and it was just made public that 6 police officers are self-quarantining as they came into contact with someone showing symptoms. Still waiting on those test results.
I believe the working from home option will be given soon, but nothing is set in stone yet. Local colleges may or may not reopen after Spring Break.

Otherwise, still business as usual. No kids so school closures wouldn't affect us (although sending positive thoughts for those that are dealing with that!). I don't feel the need to stockpile anything and still going about our daily lives for the most part.

In our lives so far the only real change is that I now have an extra home day each week and I did cook a few more dinners to freeze. Also bought essentials.

As far as daily life, we are still going out in public, still riding the CTA, still going out to dinner, still plan to meet some friends at a bar tomorrow to watch a band. I hope this doesn't change.

I am limiting seeing my parents for a bit as they are elderly and I take the CTA almost everyday. Don't want to chance it.

Luckily we have no immediate travel plans.

How about you? :)
Likewise, we are continuing to help keep the economy going by eating out, supporting our local stores, going to movies, etc. Nothing has changed for us. I was a big hand-washing fan before this broke out and use sanitizer when out.

So, no changes at all. We are 70 and 73 y/o and in good health.

I'm in my second week of self-quarantine and everyone is worried about my breathing. I overdid it yesterday, so I'm kind of wiped out today, but generally feel ok. My husband is working from home. We pulled our older kid from school, but online-only school starts Monday. The toddler is sick, fortunately his symptoms aren't a good fit for covid-19.

It's a hassle to work out the kinks of everyone being home all the time - two people sick in a small apartment makes it seem even smaller. We're as stocked up as we're going to get, so pretty much not leaving. We're making notes about the pain points so we can slowly start to fix them if working from home and online school are extended.

I'm very glad that we reinforced our earthquake supplies with "vitamins" - spices and seasonings of all kinds, shelf-stable ingredients to make favorite foods, treats, etc. I have new games for the toddler coming today (both independent play and family games). We got a new family trivia game and a book of card games. Teenager's birthday is in a month and I have at least one good surprise present in case it's hard to go shopping then.

Tonight is homemade chinese food and Mythbusters - we'll all put away our devices and practice a little mindfulness.

I sure do feel for all of you with kids and the ensuing boredom! Is it warm enough to play outside yet? Or I guess they have computers and video games. :D

I just asked mine if she is bored yet. She said "nope!" LOL she could lie in bed and play Minecraft all day. I went to pick up her math class work from school, so the fun is about to end.

I am worried about school closing, though. 2 days being sick is one thing, closed for a month is another.

I'm in my second week of self-quarantine and everyone is worried about my breathing. I overdid it yesterday, so I'm kind of wiped out today, but generally feel ok. My husband is working from home. We pulled our older kid from school, but online-only school starts Monday. The toddler is sick, fortunately his symptoms aren't a good fit for covid-19.

It's a hassle to work out the kinks of everyone being home all the time - two people sick in a small apartment makes it seem even smaller. We're as stocked up as we're going to get, so pretty much not leaving. We're making notes about the pain points so we can slowly start to fix them if working from home and online school are extended.

I'm very glad that we reinforced our earthquake supplies with "vitamins" - spices and seasonings of all kinds, shelf-stable ingredients to make favorite foods, treats, etc. I have new games for the toddler coming today (both independent play and family games). We got a new family trivia game and a book of card games. Teenager's birthday is in a month and I have at least one good surprise present in case it's hard to go shopping then.

Tonight is homemade chinese food and Mythbusters - we'll all put away our devices and practice a little mindfulness.

I hope you feel better soon!

I agree. We all bear a certain social responsibility to protect ourselves AND each other.

Sure do! Check in on elderly friends, neighbors. If you are healthy and not in a risk group, do their shopping for them or bring them some great take-out! :)

And I know I keep saying this, but please, please support your local businesses if you are healthy and able. It's the local restaurants and shops that make for great neighborhoods.

And stay home if you are sick. A woman at Target today was coughing all over the place, touching everything. :cold:

We've stocked up on shelf stable foods and filled the freezer. Also stocked up on paper products and cleaners. Right now there's not much happening in our area. Only 6 confirmed cases and none by me. However, we live in a vacation destination so we've decided for the time being not to go anywhere we don't have to go. So work, grocery store, pharmacy and barn to take care of/ride my horse (for me). Hotels in the area have full parking lots so we're avoiding eating out, etc.

And I know I keep saying this, but please, please support your local businesses if you are healthy and able. It's the local restaurants and shops that make for great neighborhoods.
This is such a good point. Support your local businesses in any way you can. There’s a small soup shop around where I live where these women shop locally and make organic soups. I put in a huge order and did curbside pickup. Our local small bookstore run by the most amazing people have instituted curbside pickup and online ordering and I’ve already picked out several books to buy while hunkered down.

DH is working from home everyday instead of two or three a week. I'll be moving home doing things electronically, via phone -- video and speaker where necessary. Younger DD is home from college and pretty much sticking home since she's neck deep in classwork anyway. Oldest has had work travel halted for a few weeks and been staying with us while working out of the office based in our metro area. Starting next week she will be working from our house. I guess we'll see how our internet withstands four of us home online all day, six computers between us.

Stores are bare and crowded with people in bad moods behaving poorly.

This is such a good point. Support your local businesses in any way you can. There’s a small soup shop around where I live where these women shop locally and make organic soups. I put in a huge order and did curbside pickup. Our local small bookstore run by the most amazing people have instituted curbside pickup and online ordering and I’ve already picked out several books to buy while hunkered down.

Yep I am sticking to my local neighborhood stores right now. I'm so grateful to use a local pharmacy right now. He will do everything he can to get us what we need.

Some of the recent memes are hysterical, I must say. We need something to laugh at right now! 🙃
Good news! Nickelback and their fan remain unaffected:

Unaware of Coronavirus, Nickelback Continues Tour of Playing to Empty Stadiums

Completely oblivious of the Coronavirus, Canadian rock band Nickelback has continued the United States leg of their “All the Right Reasons” world tour as the typical crowd size of seven people hasn’t dwindled since the outbreak began. Public health officials who had advised the cancellation of concerts specifically stated that they will permit Nickelback shows to go on.

“Nobody will ever see a Nickelback concert as a possible public health hazard because they don’t have any fans,” CDC Robert Redfield stated, “We’ve confirmed that it’s just the tour bus driver, and a handful of the stage crew out there in the stands cheering the band on every night. It’s always been just them. In fact, if you want to be safe from the virus, one of the best places you could go is to a Nickelback concert, but I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.”

https://youreadygrandma.com/2020/03...9_s7QmTuhPOXujKNqAlWvTjKETgW04Uh5qOktSw9DU0c4

I did some shopping the other day and I think I now have 10 times the amount of food in the house than I typically have.

but to put that into context typically except for some staples that you usually buy in bulk like rice, chicken broth etc. I usually don't have much in stock. my refrigerator is usually pretty empty. I think I may have enough for a week to 10 days.

Our public schools just announced they are going online next Monday through Friday. After that, it's Spring Break for a week.

However, the schools will continue to provide free hot breakfast and lunch to any kids who want to come just to eat. That's an important thing for many of our kids apparently.

I didn't see it listed above, all PA and WV schools closed for a couple of weeks now. Got an email from local district saying tomorrow's SAT test is cancelled. Pittsburgh mayor has banned all groups over 250. Symphony cancelling, theaters, some churches. I had several concerned clients of Meals on Wheels today ask if we were going to keep delivering. I told them as long as we are able.

The nursing home that my grandma is in is banning visitors. My brother did go up there to explain to my grandma what was going on. There is a language issue and we know how to phrase things so that she understands. My husband's company has him working from home for the next 2 weeks and my youngest has school cancelled. I start a new job at a donut shop that has the grand opening on Monday. Hopefully that goes OK. Everyone is going nuts at the stores buying out toilet paper and liquid hand soap(bar soap is still fully stocked). Fun times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter