How is everything booked already?

LiaNWillsmom

Mouseketeer
So today my 180 day booking window. I got up at 5 AM, searched for what i wanted, and almost everything is booked. And I'm not talking about CRT or BOG , Im talking about Biergarten, Garden Grill, the Bon Voyage breakfast at the boardwalk. And this is 180+ days out!!
So what I'm thinking is -maybe- that they are holding a ton of these reservations for the Candlelight processional? Anyone have any insight? Ive never had a problem finding reservations at Biergarten or Garden Grill before--however-- this is my first trip during the holidays!

It could be because you are going during free dining time. You can sign up for the reservation finder through touring plans - which offers a free subscription. People cancel all the time, especially closer to your trip. Hope that helps!

Our 180 window was today as well. Got most of what we wanted. But no availability all week for BOG Lunch or Akershus Breakfast.

Biergarten and Garden Grill are not going to release fully until Candlelight Processional is announced.

I got what I wanted, including 'Ohana, with the exception of Rose and Crown. Our ADR window opened yesterday. Started a "Finder" on Touring Plans. It has come through for me many times in the past, hoping it will this time as well.

As of last Tuesday, there was nothing for Biergarten starting Friday, November 24. There were still times available for Thanksgiving day and earlier in the week, but all availability stopped as of Friday. Even Sunday night after Thanksgiving, which I would expect to be a slower day - and was 187 days out when I was looking. I don't think they've been released yet.

I seriously cannot believe this. Today is our 180 day mark as well, and I haven't gotten a single reservation I wanted. I am livid. I guess I'm just going to hold off and check every day for openings!

I seriously cannot believe this. Today is our 180 day mark as well, and I haven't gotten a single reservation I wanted. I am livid. I guess I'm just going to hold off and check every day for openings!

Same here!!! Mine was 5/17 and I didn't get anything!!! I am infuriated and I couldn't get any bbb at mk. So upset! Our first trip and I feel like im already failing. So disappointed.

Just remember for people who start their trips sooner, their 180 was before you. So there's a chance they've booked everything up.

The effects of the +length of stay (up to 10 days) during a holiday time. 180 days from today covers a lot of vacations people have for the Thanksgiving holiday so anyone who checked in during that time period and is staying over had a heads up.

As of last Tuesday, there was nothing for Biergarten starting Friday, November 24. There were still times available for Thanksgiving day and earlier in the week, but all availability stopped as of Friday. Even Sunday night after Thanksgiving, which I would expect to be a slower day - and was 187 days out when I was looking. I don't think they've been released yet.

I think you are right and they release them in waves. I was able to get Biergarten for 12/4, but I was able to book on Saturday.

I do think more will open up. Today I was looking for something in MK and a bunch of CRT were opened up. It wasn't one I was looking for, but I know a lot of others do. I was lucky to get what I wanted (I'll still check for the CP packages), but I really have heard amazing things about the touring plans reservation finder if you weren't able to get what you wanted. And it's free!

I don't think FREE DINING has anything to do with it. I have gone over two weeks of Christmas and New Years with Free Dining, I have gone in June and July. I have gone on a lot of other trips with Free Dining and have never had a much problems as I am hearing people talking about this year. In fact, I had ZERO problem getting everything I wanted when I wanted with a slight, sorta free dining upgrade for before and over 4th of July (22 MORE DAYS!!!).

I believe it is the holding out on show packages and special dining options until closer to the time when they have all their plans straightened out and have figured out how to make more for less.

It does stink though and really, Disney makes us plan at 180 days so the least they would do is have everything finalized and released 180 days in advance.

But I really don't think Free Dining has much, if anything, to do with it. When trying to ADR at 180 days there should be very little, if anything, you cannot get!

I don't think FREE DINING has anything to do with it. I have gone over two weeks of Christmas and New Years with Free Dining, I have gone in June and July. I have gone on a lot of other trips with Free Dining and have never had a much problems as I am hearing people talking about this year. In fact, I had ZERO problem getting everything I wanted when I wanted with a slight, sorta free dining upgrade for before and over 4th of July (22 MORE DAYS!!!).

I believe it is the holding out on show packages and special dining options until closer to the time when they have all their plans straightened out and have figured out how to make more for less.

It does stink though and really, Disney makes us plan at 180 days so the least they would do is have everything finalized and released 180 days in advance.

But I really don't think Free Dining has much, if anything, to do with it. When trying to ADR at 180 days there should be very little, if anything, you cannot get!

I agree with you on this- especially since our trip is for the supposed "best week" of the year to go as far as crowds are concerned. I have NEVER had issues making reservations like this before. It's killing me! I did follow others' advice though and I signed up for the touringplans reservation finder. It's worth the $15 subscription fee for that tool alone!

our ADR date is today too... I got everything but wacky times... i believe it a mixture of free dining and hold back reservation times. I just pray this doesn't mean the park are going to be loaded with people. I am expecting low crowds for the week after thanksgiving.

our ADR date is today too... I got everything but wacky times... i believe it a mixture of free dining and hold back reservation times. I just pray this doesn't mean the park are going to be loaded with people. I am expecting low crowds for the week after thanksgiving.

This is the week we are going too, so I hope you are right!

I read on another thread where a woman said that reservations for Akershus and a few other restaurants didn't open up until a week past 180 days. I'm wondering if this is across the board for popular restaurants. I called and was told that there were NO reservations open for the entire week after Thanksgiving for either CRT or Akershus. Something's up. I'm going to keep checking every day before our trip until my fingertips bleed!!!

i did ours today i got all i wanted the only one i have to wait for is clp lunch at epcot i saw openings for crt we will be thier from 11/26 to 12/2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter